What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Remote Desktop App

orisonmarden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to access zumocast's site , but it seemed they shutted it down little longer. more than 2 months since they told us will open their service again in march. :(

are there free apps as a zumocasts alternative?

Reaction score
Splashtop Remote Desktop for iPad - This is just the thing you need if you are traveling or working and you need to get something from you home PC or Mac you first need this Splashtop Inc. - Splashtop Remote - Download for your computer to go with the App $4.99 us Splashtop Remote Desktop for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store
remote assistant you will have a lot of use for this I do
Remember when you leave home to turn the program on!

Also it only looks good when you use it horizontal

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Splashtop Remote Desktop for iPad - This is just the thing you need if you are traveling or working and you need to get something from you home PC or Mac you first need this Splashtop Inc. - Splashtop Remote - Download for your computer to go with the App $4.99 us Splashtop Remote Desktop for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store
remote assistant you will have a lot of use for this I do
Remember when you leave home to turn the program on!

Also it only looks good when you use it horizontal

It's good.. it's fast... but it's not suitable for maintenance purposes because ST won't survive a reboot when the host PC requires a log-in.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's good.. it's fast... but it's not suitable for maintenance purposes because ST won't survive a reboot when the host PC requires a log-in.
It's not targeted really towards IT maintenance: it's more for speed and the ability to actually play media, flash, etc., much smoother than any other remote app out there that I have tried.

If I need to get into a PC with Splashtop, that has been rebooted, or that I have rebooted remotely... well I just go in via RDP and login and then get in via Splashtop. If I was only doing maintenance I wouldn't be trying to use Splashtop anyway--I'd be using RDP, VNC, etc.

Michael

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
True. But had I known the limitations of ST, I would not have wasted time trying it out. So I just post that in case someone is looking for a RDP app that allows unattended maintenance.

SYS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using STR only in my home network. I haven't had the chance to test it remotely from outside my network, although I've set it up to do so. One question for all you do use it from external network: how safe is it and what do you do guard your safety? Just password?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for a remote desktop app that will access my iMac, PC and Mac Pro server. Big on Easy of Use!! Currently run Chicken in VNC to connect from my iMac to the Mac Pro. Used logmein before for PC to PC, but do not want to pay a Yearly fee..

:D

You can Try Filereflex for 30 days and if you satisfied you can go for a paid version of it.
FileReflex is not a Remote Control app... it's a remote file access app. Big difference. Moreover it has almost no reviews at the App Store... just two one-star reviews. Does not mean it is not good; but makes me a bit leery.

Michael

dellinqwartz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jump Desktop Best Remote Desktop App If you need a file or forgot to hit send on an email, these apps will solve that. It is alter in amount and functionality, but all accomplish the same task of teleporting your computer screen directly to your iPhone. All the apps work whether you are on wi-fi or 3G.

Calis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im looking for a RDP App that will automatically launch a windows program installed on the server once the user has logged on

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im looking for a RDP App that will automatically launch a windows program installed on the server once the user has logged on
iTap RDP allows that. Under advanced settings when configuring a connection there is a place to enter a remote program and working directory as well.

Currently the only other RDP app I have loaded is PocketCloud and I could not find that ability within it (though perhaps I missed it).

Michael

Calis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTap RDP allows that. Under advanced settings when configuring a connection there is a place to enter a remote program and working directory as well.

Currently the only other RDP app I have loaded is PocketCloud and I could not find that ability within it (though perhaps I missed it).

Michael

Brilliant - Thanks TinMan - i can now deliver any Windows Based App Installed on our Winders Server 2008 Terminal Server directly to the iPad

Using the Cisco VPN Connection (for secure connections) and the Embedded connection settings within iTap the user experience is so simple and looks like the app is running directly on the Users iPad

12spysonu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LogMeIn

I have logmein working on my ipad.. I transfer an avi movie from my desktop to my ipad.
When I click on the movie to play on the ipad it says Open with vlc media player? and I click on that and nothing is happening..and yes I do have vlc on my ipad.
Could someone help me out please? I have been using air video but it is a pain to have to convert them all first before watching..
Thanks.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts