What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Remote Desktop App

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you try to reset your resolution or did it cause your system to reboot? That stinks, let us know if you recovered. No, hasn't happened to me.

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No. PocketCloud seems pretty solid to me in a Windows (XP.pro and 7/64) environment.

Hope you get it squared away quickly.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, I just tried Pocket Cloud and it totally screwed up my computer! The screen would only show a portion of it on the iPad and then when I logged out it wouldn,t go back to the original graphics on the desktop screen, I had to restart my desktop which is still rebooting!! Yikes. I have had no problems at all with Splashtop, I will stick with that! Has anyone else had problems with pocket cloud?

Oh no! These programs seem to adjust the resolution as they see fit. When I saw it happen with Splashtop, I reset the resolution manually and rebooted until I realized that most of the time, it returned to it's normal resolution shortly after having used the program. I have the same question as guthrien: did you observe the change of resolution on your desktop and then try to adjust it? If you did, it may have just been normal behavior although the constant (?) rebooting sounds stressful. If it's only one reboot, don't give up, give it another try horsewoman. :)

Did your computer meet the system requirments specified on the Wyse website? It may be a program worth fighting for so don't let it scare you so easily. :D

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
P.S. After spending quite a bit of time with it today, I believe that Pocket Cloud definitely *is* a program worth going the extra mile for.

Also, if you had no programs running, on the iPad you would have seen a black screen as, unlike Splashtop, it does not use the wallpaper at the default settings.

Last edited:

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I loaded Pocket Cloud and logged on with the laptop, the screen showed up on my laptop as only being on the left side of the ipad screen. I couldn't get it to change. Then when I went to my desktop and logged off the ipad, my computer screen was all screwy, the graphics were messed up and I couldn't get it to go back without rebooting it. I am very happy with Splashtop! I haven't had to change anything with resolution or anything, works perfectly every time. Oh well.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NYHorsewoman said:
Ok, I just tried Pocket Cloud and it totally screwed up my computer! The screen would only show a portion of it on the iPad and then when I logged out it wouldn,t go back to the original graphics on the desktop screen, I had to restart my desktop which is still rebooting!! Yikes. I have had no problems at all with Splashtop, I will stick with that! Has anyone else had problems with pocket cloud?

Yes. I had problems with it but it may be caused by having so many RDPs installed. PocketCloud alone may have been fine. Once I uninstalled everything but Splashtop and LMI, my computer was stable again.

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Beryl said:
Yes. I had problems with it but it may be caused by having so many RDPs installed. PocketCloud alone may have been fine. Once I uninstalled everything but Splashtop and LMI, my computer was stable again.

I did think about that. But I don't see a reason to switch right now. Splashtop wore really works well for me. Can't find a compelling reason to go through another set up. Am I missing something really special about Pocket Cloud?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've recently switched from splashtop to screens as it's the best looking client for the iPad :)

Works very well with my mac and win7 boxes without any screen resizing, and switching between machines is slick.
Best of all it provides an additional keyboard that allows you to, copy, cut, paste, select all, undo, close, minimise, etc.. Highly recommended here.

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hasty said:
I've recently switched from splashtop to screens as it's the best looking client for the iPad :)

Works very well with my mac and win7 boxes without any screen resizing, and switching between machines is slick.
Best of all it provides an additional keyboard that allows you to, copy, cut, paste, select all, undo, close, minimise, etc.. Highly recommended here.

Screens is the name of the app?

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree that if Splashtop is working for you, there is no reason nor need to change. I think that they will move to improve the pointing device/mouse in due time as I see that the developers are always actively improving upon it. Both it and Pocket Cloud co-exist peacefully on my side but, the problem you had may have been graphics card related. I don't know Screen, but it also sounds interesting.

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Screens is the name of the app and it's from the developers of Touchpad.

Tbh Splashtop worked fine for me but I prefer the greater ease of screens. Plus it's very nicely implemented.

I've reached the cranky stage in life where I can't be bothered to fiddle around with computers anymore. They either work or they're heading for the exit.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Screens is the name of the app and it's from the developers of Touchpad.

Tbh Splashtop worked fine for me but I prefer the greater ease of screens. Plus it's very nicely implemented.

I've reached the cranky stage in life where I can't be bothered to fiddle around with computers anymore. They either work or they're heading for the exit.

I saw some very impressive reviews for Screens, thanks for mentioning it.

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splashtop Touchpad is on sale for free. They also updated for better support with Internet synching, which it needed. Great app, grab it if you don't have it!

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
guthrien said:
Splashtop Touchpad is on sale for free. They also updated for better support with Internet synching, which it needed. Great app, grab it if you don't have it!

Got it! Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts