What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Remote Desktop App

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After asking if it will continue to be necessary to leave one's hard drive on all the time in Windows in order to access the system via the net, Splashtop answered that the functionality of waking up the OS from sleep mode via the network will be available shortly, and is already available via one's LAN.

Last edited:

Abs007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bigseotechniques.com
Thanks a lot

I was interested in knowing if logmein will work with my pc left in sleep mode,

This may sound a little out there but I swear I read this just a day or 2 ago but not sure what app it was - if a sleep function was supported then I guess this would eliminate any timeout issues and would be the closest to accessing your pc without having to leave it on - well sort of leave it on :)

Abs007 said:
Hi
I will be needing to remote access my windows pc from my iPad, I could be gone for a couple of weeks so will need a programe that will not time out on me.

If only I had. Way of booting my pc from my iPad instead of leaving it on

Anyhow - I'm really not sure which would best suite my needs- I will need to access the desktop and use the pcs browser - it may sound a little silly but I need to access certain websites from my home pc and use the stored cookies -

Just don't want to go away and fine out that my logmein, team viewer or other app has timed out and lost connection

Any help will help loads

Thanks

I find LogMeIn still the most reliable but I've restarted my laptop with Splashtop, PocketCloud, VNC, as well as LMI. They all come back online eventually. it is better to shut down all of the apps first to avoid it hanging.

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
FYI, logmein Ignition is on sale today for half price, $14.99. Full managment including file transfer is included.

So I had to buy it. It's the best of any I've tried thus far and with an established base of lmi remote hosts, I don't have to do remote installs of new RDP software.

Last edited:

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
speedlever said:
FYI, logmein Ignition is on sale today for half price, $14.99. Full managment including file transfer is included.

So I had to buy it. It's the best of any I've tried thus far and with an established base of remote hosts, I don't have to do remote installs of new RDP software.

I nabbed it too thanks to this post. I wonder what happened to my price change alert?

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
speedlever said:

So I had to buy it. It's the best of any I've tried thus far and with an established base of remote hosts, I don't have to do remote installs of new RDP software.

speedlever: Did you have Splashtop to compare it to? I having a hard time resizing windows and am hoping that Logmein Ignition will solve that for me.

Last edited:

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried ST early on but ditched it because (at that time) it did not survive a reboot of the remote host. For my purposes of helping friends and relatives remotely fix their computers, this was a critical flaw.

I've heard that ST has now been modified to survive a reboot, but I see no point to going back to it.

Ignition (in my brief exposure thus far) works wonderfully.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried ST early on but ditched it because (at that time) it did not survive a reboot of the remote host. For my purposes of helping friends and relatives remotely fix their computers, this was a critical flaw.

I've heard that ST has now been modified to survive a reboot, but I see no point to going back to it.

Thanks for the input and especially for the heads up.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
speedlever said:

Don't you miss the audio support?

After trying out 5 apps, I've settled on both ST & LMI. LMI is full-functioned and reliable but ST has audio support and more precise cursor control.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Beryl said:

After trying out 5 apps, I've settled on both ST & LMI. LMI is full-functioned and reliable but ST has audio support and more precise cursor control.

ST has more precise cursor control? :(

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
info said:
ST has more precise cursor control? :(

Yes. With ST, you don't have to locate/chase the cursor around like you do with LMI. ST responds directly to screen touches. I wrote the LMI developers about that last year and got the 'we are working on it' response.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Beryl said:
Yes. With ST, you don't have to locate/chase the cursor around like you do with LMI. ST responds directly to screen touches. I wrote the LMI developers about that last year and got the 'we are working on it' response.

Hmmm. I'm going to write ST and tell them about my problem with resizing windows. It can take me many tries before I can finally grab the edge. They have been very responsive so far so I wouldn't be surprised if this were fixed shortly. Oh well, I too now have a respectable collection of remote apps. :)

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
speedlever said:

snip

Not at all. For my purposes, I don't need audio. Do you find that remote audio facilitates maintenance? Now if I were working an audio issue, I suppose that could come in handy. But I rarely run into an audio problem that isn't solved by unchecking the mute box in audio properties. ;)

I may revisit ST, now that they've sorted out the remote reboot issue. Lord knows I've got enough invested in RDP apps. :D

Reaction score
speedlever said:

speedlever: Did you have Splashtop to compare it to? I having a hard time resizing windows and am hoping that Logmein Ignition will solve that for me.

Please explain window resize. Do you mean making smaller windows larger via the upper corner and have trouble hitting the correct spot?

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
Please explain window resize. Do you mean making smaller windows larger via the upper corner and have trouble hitting the correct spot?

Support Our Troops!!!
Sent from this Galaxy

Hey Mark. Yes that is it exactly. I can sometimes hit the right spot but more often than not I just give up. Maybe I'm missing something because no one else seems to be concerned about it.

Reaction score
Try this. Pinch zoom your screen larger, then 3 finger scroll the screen to the box area to make the box larger and easier to tap
The attached photo is how large I was able to zoom out, making it easier to hit
Hope that helps

---
- Support Our Troops!
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my iTablet

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314063135.313284.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314063135.313284.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 173

Most reactions

Latest posts