What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best office app

keefy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to Apple products and got an IPad 2 for christmas and want to use it for my business. I am looking for an app that I can create a form on to fill in on the different jobs that I do. I currently fill out a paper one so this template would be used but the forms, ideally, will have individual numbers (IE job numbers).

I have looked at numbers as a spreadsheet program but don't know if I was to email myself a group of documents from excel whether it would work.

Any help greatly appreciated, Keith

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Search for FormConnect here on the forum, I wrote quite sometimes about it already as I am using it almost daily - had to search for the same as you, same situation.

nizmoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quick Office is the best one for the most features at this time. Also, PDF Expert for PDF files.

Gab3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought documents to go premium edition. I think it was $16.95. This allows me to open, create new word, excel and powerpoint files. It even opens .xlsx, .docx, and .pptx files. I can't seem to figure out how to create the newest version of office files like xlsx or docx. It opens them but cant create them i think

Gab3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It also opens pdf docs, but cant create them.

Nino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Numbers and Pages... Pages works well for my quotations and letters, very simple and userfriendly. I use numbers for spreadsheets obviously, and again very simple and userfriendly. You can upload or download from iCloud to your Numbers and Pages apps. or you can open your attachement from email in Numbers, or Pages.

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there an App for that???
I mean, I have seen some Apps that claim to be working with Google Docs, but none for real...not with all Docs...

No app. Go to Google and click more, click documents, click create. You can select the appropriate option.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
mwhartman said:
I did not realize that would be a concern. Perhaps this will help https://support.google.com/docs/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=49115&topic=1360907&ctx=topic

Download, work, save, upload,etc

Thanks very much for the link - actually I do work a lot with Google Docs on my office PC and know therefore my way around there.
For working my Google Docs on the iPad I am using Quickoffice (mainly) as well as an App called Forms, which accesses (also offline) the forms I created in Google Docs (very good working!). Quickoffice does use Google Docs as cloud storage...

Most reactions

Latest posts