What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best iPad 2 case with keyboard

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Feanor said:
Fair enough... to be honest I've never seen a CEO case in the flesh. I love how it looks and all its features but I have been thinking of steering away from any case of that type because they all seem to weigh a third as much as the iPad 2. Part of me feels that there's little point in spending a lot of money on something that's small and light, only to put a case on it that makes it heavier and (a bit) bigger.

So I was going to go with just a Smart Cover, a Best Skins Ever rear skin and a Waterfield case to hold the iPad, bluetooth keyboard and other bits & bobs.

Your post however has made be reconsider. Again. (I seem to be going round in circles with this!!) I love the idea of a stand that'll work on surfaces that aren't completely stable, like my lap (the smart cover needs a flat surface) and the hand strap.

I know you said no more posts on this subject so I don't mind if you don't answer this, but do you read on your iPad? I read quite a lot on my iPad 1 which my girlfriend will get sole use of soon, so that is the only reason I'm concerned about weight as this is the one situation where a few hundred grams can make a big difference.

Most of my use is reading, I take breaks to check the post. My face is in the pad all the time that was a Big deal for me. I have to have a Light & Thin with good protection. I don't understand why someone would lug around a keyboard or metal two piece case! It's clumsy. I have a apple smart cover which is light but the magnets loose connection far to often and I don't want to keep looking around for a detached cover or case for that matter. I read in portrait mode,flip the pad open my book or web page is right where I left it. Phone ring or knock on the door, flip snap the corner and I'm good to go. Cover is beautiful although fake and corners are protected unlike others.
Don" t feel bad about being on the fence we all are and it kinda fun. Besides you can always return any case you get just keep the shipping box.

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using iPF

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
zipur said:
Most of my use is reading, I take breaks to check the post. My face is in the pad all the time that was a Big deal for me. I have to have a Light & Thin with good protection. I don't understand why someone would lug around a keyboard or metal two piece case! It's clumsy. I have a apple smart cover which is light but the magnets loose connection far to often and I don't want to keep looking around for a detached cover or case for that matter. I read in portrait mode,flip the pad open my book or web page is right where I left it. Phone ring or knock on the door, flip snap the corner and I'm good to go. Cover is beautiful although fake and corners are protected unlike others.
Don" t feel bad about being on the fence we all are and it kinda fun. Besides you can always return any case you get just keep the shipping box.

Good luck

realistdreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Size of the keyboard - what do you think? I have a netbook and hate it because of the smaller keyboard. I looked at the Logitech/Zaggmate keyboard and it looks small but can't find any information as to how much smaller than a full size. I understand the Apple wireless keyboard is full size.
I was all set to buy the Logitech/Zaggmate Saturday and now am rethinking this.

The zaggmate is slightly smaller than dell mini 10 keyboard. You can easily get used to it and touch-type but is cramped. I don't mess up often and don't tire on 2-3 page docs. Might tire after more.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

VanHalen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Size of the keyboard - what do you think? I have a netbook and hate it because of the smaller keyboard. I looked at the Logitech/Zaggmate keyboard and it looks small but can't find any information as to how much smaller than a full size. I understand the Apple wireless keyboard is full size.
I was all set to buy the Logitech/Zaggmate Saturday and now am rethinking this.

The zaggmate is slightly smaller than dell mini 10 keyboard. You can easily get used to it and touch-type but is cramped. I don't mess up often and don't tire on 2-3 page docs. Might tire after more.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Thanks. I just read where the Dell Mini 10 is 92% the size of full size keyboard. That's about the same size as my MSI Wind Mini.
Deal breaker for me now. I also like how the Apple Key board has some space between the keys.

moonkhan253

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no such device in existence. Your best bet is to toss the iPad and go with something Windows-based.

BeLLaRosE120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NOT HAPPY LIKE I WAS WHEN i FIRST GOT IT

:mad::(Im not happy as I was when I first got the zaggmate,Its nice looking and its compatable with the ipad2 and it fits nice and snug,BUT you can’t use the arrow keys on the keyboard to scroll up and down while in the web browser. Pressing these keys has no effect. The keys will scroll in the Notes app though… It would also be nice if you could use the tab key to tab to various web links in a browser window. Nope, no such luck.

Mjhudston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did have a Zaggmate with keyboard case, but found that it left the back of the iPad exposed and unprotected. The rubber feet lasted all of two hours, and came off and then it slid all over the table when trying to type. Also I found it very difficult to type on as the keyboard is recessed, and I kept catching my fingers on the metal of the case. Ouch. I admit it looks the part, but I was very disappointed with it in the end. Definitely not worth the money in my view.

I currently have a generic leather case with rubberised built in Bluetooth keyboard, which I got for £40 off eBay. To be honest, it's better to type on than the Zaggmate, it protects, the complete iPad, not just the screen, and it's easier to hold, if I want to use the iPad without the keyboard, than a naked iPad, which is what you get if removed from the Zaggmate.

To me the Zaggmate is all style over substance, and my current keyboard/case is all functional, and no style. I am still looking for that ideal which will look good and perform as well.

Sent from my iPad using iPF -- it's a cool app!

aveldt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi i bought my iPad cover at dealextreme IT saved me a fortune

VanHalen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Decided to buy the Apple wireless keyboard, like the full size and can continue to use the smart cover I had already bought.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:mad::(Im not happy as I was when I first got the zaggmate,Its nice looking and its compatable with the ipad2 and it fits nice and snug,BUT you can’t use the arrow keys on the keyboard to scroll up and down while in the web browser. Pressing these keys has no effect. The keys will scroll in the Notes app though… It would also be nice if you could use the tab key to tab to various web links in a browser window. Nope, no such luck.

If it makes you feel any better, the Apple Wireless keyboard is no better at supporting arrow or TAB keys in the browser. Odd, to say the least.

That said, I do like the Apple Wireless Keyboard combined with the nCase "Origami Workstation," a case that holds the keyboard and "unfolds" into a stand that holds the iPad for typing. The design means you need another case to hold both the iPad and the keyboard case, but I actually prefer that approach. It means I can use the iPad with or without the keyboard and I don't have to carry the keyboard around if I'm not using it.

Most reactions

Latest posts