What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best iPad 2 case with keyboard

mydoggies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have just ordered the iPad 2 and I'm searching for the best case with a keyboard...anyone have any experience with cases & keyboards?:)

JerryL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 Cases

Interesting thread. Those were the 2 cases on my shortlist. Does anyone have any experience with the Crux360?

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only thing I hate about the Zagg it the back is exposed and it looks like a pain to remove from the case.

JerryL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I'm pretty sure I'm going to with the Crux360 though, because it closes completely, doesn't fully expose the back and I can use the (otherwise rather sliperry) iPad in 'tablet mode', without the keyboard. I also agree with Zipur: it does look like a pain to get out of the case.

amateur6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg good for iPad, no good for iPad2

Hey folks --

my two cents: I bought a Zagg keyboard case for my iPad and loved it. It was a snug enough fit that it would never fall out, but wasn't so snug that it was hard to get out.

Then I preordered one for my iPad 2. Not so good. I don't know if Logitech bought them out or if they're just using a Logitech keyboard now, but the keyboard doesn't have a Zagg logo on it any more. Anyhow, they reversed the case 180 degrees (granted, only really a problem if you had the first one), the fit is INCREDIBLY tight, and because Apple shrank the bezel on the iPad 2 to be practically non-existent, sticking your fingernails in to pull it open means that if you have a screen protector (say, the Zagg InvisibleSHIELD), you invariably put little dimples and air pockets into it.

I'm returning it and looking for another case.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
amateur6 said:
Hey folks --

my two cents: I bought a Zagg keyboard case for my iPad and loved it. It was a snug enough fit that it would never fall out, but wasn't so snug that it was hard to get out.

Then I preordered one for my iPad 2. Not so good. I don't know if Logitech bought them out or if they're just using a Logitech keyboard now, but the keyboard doesn't have a Zagg logo on it any more. Anyhow, they reversed the case 180 degrees (granted, only really a problem if you had the first one), the fit is INCREDIBLY tight, and because Apple shrank the bezel on the iPad 2 to be practically non-existent, sticking your fingernails in to pull it open means that if you have a screen protector (say, the Zagg InvisibleSHIELD), you invariably put little dimples and air pockets into it.

I'm returning it and looking for another case.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How much more weight does it add? It seams to me that if you want a laptop you should get one. The beauty of the iPad is light weight. Therefore just add an apple keyboard to your carry bag and you have the best of both worlds? Maybe it just me but I want good protection slim trim quick to open smart case. That's why I'm sticking to my C.E.O. case. I have an apple keyboard in my back pack but mostly I just carry the iPad I. The case. Portability is key foe me!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

MacMur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keyboard case

I have a Logitec/Zagg keyboard/case for my Ipad 2 and find it a very good match for me. To protect the back I have covered it with a skin that offers very good protection. Since I have many occasions where I need to use the Ipad naked most of the other options don't work for me. Clam type cases add bulk and weight the Apple Wireless keyboard is very good but hard to carry along in a slim case.

The Zagg case adds little bulk and minimal weight, making my overall package slim and trim.

I hope this helps.

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone here put me onto the Waterfield Designs slipcases for the iPad and the Apple wireless keyboard. The quality is outstanding, and the prices are very reasonable. Customer service and shipping was also great...I'd recommend them. (I have no affiliation with Waterfield other than as a first-time customer.)

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The crux360 seems by far and away the more secure one. I just don't like that it is still not available. I have been waiting out this one for awhile now.

Most reactions

Latest posts