What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best iPad 2 case with keyboard

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
EARL97850 said:
I'm on the Zagg bandwagon.

Cya

My question on the zag, say your are sitting in a conference auditorium and you just want to pop out the pad an heck email or something light
Where do you put the keyboard? Do you set it on the floor?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

MacMur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EARL97850 said:
I'm on the Zagg bandwagon.

Cya

My question on the zag, say your are sitting in a conference auditorium and you just want to pop out the pad an heck email or something light
Where do you put the keyboard? Do you set it on the floor?

Simply lay the Ipad on the keyboard with the stand support up. It will be at a nice angle for surfing..

Feanor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zipur said:
How much more weight does it add? It seams to me that if you want a laptop you should get one. The beauty of the iPad is light weight. Therefore just add an apple keyboard to your carry bag and you have the best of both worlds? Maybe it just me but I want good protection slim trim quick to open smart case. That's why I'm sticking to my C.E.O. case. I have an apple keyboard in my back pack but mostly I just carry the iPad I. The case. Portability is key foe me!

I thought the CEO case was quite heavy - judging from the specs it's as much as a full third of the weight of the iPad 2? I'm in the market for a new case but this has put me off it, I'd be interested in knowing your views though.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is my last c.e.o. Post as I spend way to much time defending this case . In short I thinks it's the best balance between weight thinness and protection. It is much lighter and almost any other comparable case. Lots of features and looks wonderful. I am perplexed that you think it is too heavy? It's not perfect but it'll beat anything at BB ot the apple store.

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does the Zaggmate work with the ipad 2 or just the original version?

That Crux360 is pretty sweet looking, but $150??? Isn't there anywhere to buy it cheaper?

Last edited:
Reaction score
GAMESHARQ said:
Does the Zaggmate work with the ipad 2 or just the original version?

The zaggmate for ipad 1 works with the iPad 1 and the zaggmate for iPad 2 works with the iPad 2. Though technically the keyboard connects via Bluetooth, so you could place either iPad on the zaggmate to type, but only the correct iPad will actually fit inside the zaggmate and hold tight durijg transportation.

doubleR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, a friend of mine has a zaggmate and loves it. The crux360 looks amazing though. If I could afford the Crux I would definitely pick it based on sleekness.

bettafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zaggmate keyboard/case for iPad 2 is out and I am typing this on mine. LOVE IT. Types easily and protects my iPad 2 very well. They do have a Zaggmate for the original iPad, also.:D

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I thought the Zaggmate was available at Best Buy but not in Canada, I guess. I'd rather buy at a store than online, but that's my next option. Does anyone know where I can get one of these at a store in Canada?

Reaction score
I thought the Zaggmate was available at Best Buy but not in Canada, I guess. I'd rather buy at a store than online, but that's my next option. Does anyone know where I can get one of these at a store in Canada?

On the Zagg mate review thread there is an employee of Zagg, screen name Zagg, that posts regularly in it and they could probably help a ton with the timing of them showing up in stores in Canada. They have been a tremendous help to posters from all over the world asking questions.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Inc

amateur6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zaggmate keyboard/case for iPad 2 is out and I am typing this on mine. LOVE IT. Types easily and protects my iPad 2 very well. They do have a Zaggmate for the original iPad, also.:D

As I said earlier, I personally found my iPad2 case to be QUITE tight compared to the first one, and have real difficulty getting the iPad out, especially since all I can use is my fingernails -- is it very tight on yours, or only enough to keep the iPad in? And for anyone questioning the need for a keyboard -- the beauty of the Zagg is that it's a great, protective case (for the iPad1 anyhow) AND has the added bonus of letting you type long emails when you need to. I don't want a laptop, but I DO want to be able to respond to emails (at length if necessary), which is a PAIN on the on-screen keyboard.

VanHalen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Size of the keyboard - what do you think? I have a netbook and hate it because of the smaller keyboard. I looked at the Logitech/Zaggmate keyboard and it looks small but can't find any information as to how much smaller than a full size. I understand the Apple wireless keyboard is full size.
I was all set to buy the Logitech/Zaggmate Saturday and now am rethinking this.

Feanor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my last c.e.o. Post as I spend way to much time defending this case . In short I thinks it's the best balance between weight thinness and protection. It is much lighter and almost any other comparable case. Lots of features and looks wonderful. I am perplexed that you think it is too heavy? It's not perfect but it'll beat anything at BB ot the apple store.

Fair enough... to be honest I've never seen a CEO case in the flesh. I love how it looks and all its features but I have been thinking of steering away from any case of that type because they all seem to weigh a third as much as the iPad 2. Part of me feels that there's little point in spending a lot of money on something that's small and light, only to put a case on it that makes it heavier and (a bit) bigger.

So I was going to go with just a Smart Cover, a Best Skins Ever rear skin and a Waterfield case to hold the iPad, bluetooth keyboard and other bits & bobs.

Your post however has made be reconsider. Again. (I seem to be going round in circles with this!!) I love the idea of a stand that'll work on surfaces that aren't completely stable, like my lap (the smart cover needs a flat surface) and the hand strap.

I know you said no more posts on this subject so I don't mind if you don't answer this, but do you read on your iPad? I read quite a lot on my iPad 1 which my girlfriend will get sole use of soon, so that is the only reason I'm concerned about weight as this is the one situation where a few hundred grams can make a big difference.

deog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will it be good for you?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds29uiN4b-4]YouTube - IMP38B un-box[/ame]

Most reactions