What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Buy I-PAD 2 Extended warranty $179.99

Suemack56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Purchased I-PAD on 11/18/12 w/extended warranty. We noticed in the past 2 weeks it was not taking a full charge. We took it back to Best Buy who checked it out and agreed that it was not charging. They then told us that they would have to keep our I-PAD, and that Apple would send a re-furbished unit via mail, leaving us without our I-PAD for a week as well. We argued with them that they we had been told at purchase time that we would be handed a brand NEW unit, on site, if problems occured...they told us Apple had changed their policy...do we have any recourse?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the extended warranty is with Best Buy then whatever Apple do is immaterial, your contract is with Best Buy and they need to honour it.

That said, if you still have the iPad, are you able to get to an Apple Store as they would likely swap it out there and then although it might be a refurb rather than brand new (not that I've ever been able to tell the difference between new and refurb with Apple products).

The Archangel

fb si

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best buy lied. All they are doing is exchanging it under Apples standard 1 year warranty. Extended warranties are nothing but profit for best buy. Consider it a 180 dollar lesson learned.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You need to be clear on what you bought. Do you have the paperwork? What does it say? You're much too vague here for anyone to know for sure.

I did a search on their site for iPad extended warranty. I found this:

Geek Squad Protection - Best Buy

and that says you have a "no lemon policy" and thus, you get a comparable new one, under the right conditions. But only if you bought this product. We can't know what you bought. You need to do your homework and figure out to what you are entitled.

Also, saying BB lied is not appropriate because depending on what was purchased, they may well not be lying. Just because such is covered under the regular warranty doesn't imply BB lied. The advanced version of their plan covers accidental damage, which is definitely NOT covered under Apple's standard warranty.
Also, the no lemon policy may indeed mean the poster gets a new one, but I think it implies there needs to be 3 qualified repairs before getting a new one. If I had paid my money, I'd know exactly what I am entitled to and go marching in there with paperwork in hand.

From this link above:

No Deductibles

We'll protect you from parts and labor costs for the life of your plan.
check.png
Normal Wear and Tear

You'll be covered for failures due to dust, internal heat and humidity, and other normal wear and tear issues.

check.png
No Lemon Policy

If your product requires any three qualified repairs during the life of your plan, we'll replace it with a comparable new one.

check.png
Accidental Damage from Handling*

It happens sometimes. If you drop or spill on your product in the course of normal use, we'll cover the cost of your repair.
*Advanced plan only.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts