What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be The Ultimate Rebel - Download iDOS

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We know that over half of us are PC users, and that according to our own polling, we're not all spring chickens, so if you still have access to a few of your old DOS programs, get iDOS now - who knows how long it will be up.

f6e86c8d.png

Apparently, it can even run early versions of Windows.

I know I have some old floppies around here somewhere. Oh, but do I still have a floppy disk. - that is the question.

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Who knows if I'll ever use it, but for 99 cents and the risk of it disappearing for good, it is a no brainer.

C:\> dos

C:\> dos run

Run\dos\run

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It wasn't on the App Store on the iPad (yet?), but it is on iTunes on PC. Syncing as we speak!

I swear I am going broke 99¢ at a time!

EDIT: OK, as dumb as this sounds, I wish I could use that keyboard all the time instead of the "virtual" keyboards.

Last edited:

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If people still want a DOS emulator and are jailbroken, DOSPad works pretty well and is free. When I saw the screen shots of the paid app the first thing I thought was that somebody took DOSPad and put it up as a paid app. It looks identical.

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, I think it is identical, they just took the 'pad' out of the name because Apple doesn't like that.

I've found the sourcecode for DOSpad on the web.
I'll get that compiled in the development-kit and then install it on my iPad from there.
That should do the trick...

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even if your could (which you can't!), why would you want to install Windows 3.0???

Most reactions

Latest posts