What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery life on ipad2 after ios5.1

d1am0nds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anybody fells any change on battery life after upgrading to 5.1 ?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi D1A...

I am going to move this to General Discussion. You have currently posted in the iPad Poll section, where you probably won't get as much attention. :D

Also, I have not experienced any battery issues since I have updated to 5.1. I did it on Friday afternoon--and it is seems consistent. Hope that helps.

Duivenaar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, I definitely have the idea that I need to recharge more often after updating to 5.1

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I never had a problem with charging or battery life before the 5.1 update but so far it hasn't affected anything negatively. Actually, it seems the same to me.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No problem for me either...I even wondered if it was a little better since the upgrade but that might just be wishful thinking!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No discernible battery diff on iPad 1, iPad 2, iPhone 4S or iPod touch 4 since upgrade to iOS 5.

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I actually upgraded to 5.1 because it was supposed to give better battery life. Now the charge seems to drop like a stone, quite the converse of what I was expecting.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Haven't noticed.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

AlxiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't noticed anything major. Think this iPF app beats up the battery though haha

My battery about an hour ago was around 75%, now check it out. Although I did upgrade OTA

Sent from my iPad 2

Attachments

• image-3018650812.jpg
    image-3018650812.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 288

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I charged my iPad last night, began using it about 11:30 am. Have been on this site and a few others off and on today-I am now at 77%. So with all this talk about recent battery drainage since the recent update, I will pay more attention.

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I haven't noticed on the iPad . On my iPhone , for me battery life has always been ok but since the upgrade it's really good :)))

Most reactions

Latest posts