What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery in IOS 4.2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What other portable gadget can you such a long battery life? The battery packs on my blasted portable drills don't last an hour :(

I can't say I've noticed a decline in usage but if there is one it's small and of little importance. Still makes for stimulating exchange for geeks and those wanting to boost their posting numbers.

<hmm must be sure to reply to myself in the box below....>

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Battery life is the same for me, but then I makesure to close all apps after use or at least on a regular basis.
I think the open apps would use some power even though you are not using it.

tanysderek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After update, my battery life seems to drop really fast too. I close all apps not in use but still find that the battery doesn't seem to last. I noticed a 30% drop.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I just play with my iPad more so the battery is dropping sooner in the day... Lol

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL at all of these "OMG IT DRAINZ FASTOR" posts. The psychological term for this is being "primered." You read so many articles and posts that were concerned that there may be a drop in battery life that you have now convinced yourself there is a big difference, when in reality there is not.

To test this, I streamed videos through Air Video using wi-fi at my house with full battery life at 100% brightness. I was able to watch 9 hours and 15 minutes of video before I got to 10% battery. Did the same thing today, played the same videos, but before I purposely opened as many games and apps as I could and left them in the task bar. Guess how many hours I was able to watch this time? 9hrs and 25 minutes.

Now I am quite sure that under certain conditions there may be VERY VERY minor extra draw on the battery, but it's nowhere near 30% and I doubt it's even noticeable at all.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The funny part - people "blame th "multi sleep" feature

for some reason people think it is what they call the "multi tasking" feature, where there is no such feature. The open applications are just going to sleep, and beside holding some memory space, they do nothing.

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for some reason people think it is what they call the "multi tasking" feature, where there is no such feature. The open applications are just going to sleep, and beside holding some memory space, they do nothing.

You are right about the multi tasking thing because when I am playing a game and leave it to open another app, then return, I have to start the game all over. There is no multi tasking.

It there were then I would be able to continue the game from where I left off.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not all games fully support the "multitasking" feature of saving the state of the game just yet.

That's not a problem with the 4.2.1 upgrade, that's a problem with the software designer not yet implementing the feature yet. Some games already work that way, others need to be updated still.

What does that have to do with battery life? Or are you just whining about a non-issue?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score

You are right about the multi tasking thing because when I am playing a game and leave it to open another app, then return, I have to start the game all over. There is no multi tasking.

It there were then I would be able to continue the game from where I left off.

The game has to support it. Check the Video FAQ link in my sig for a demonstration with a game - and it works.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So ~ really ~ everyone will have to eventually upgrade to OS 4, because sooner or later the app dev will upgrade too.

All the folks that whine about how they are not going to upgrade, will, sooner or later have to.

Or am I just not getting this?

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They just want their voice heard. Some people just love martyrdom and can't get enough people to feel sorry for them.

Or in modern lingo, they are "attention whores."

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not all games fully support the "multitasking" feature of saving the state of the game just yet.

That's not a problem with the 4.2.1 upgrade, that's a problem with the software designer not yet implementing the feature yet. Some games already work that way, others need to be updated still.

What does that have to do with battery life? Or are you just whining about a non-issue?

I think they are whining.;) So much of that going on lately over silly things! Goodness.

I learn so much from you!

Just sayin....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts