What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery draning faster since iOS6

bdude52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe this is a problem with the retina display power management or something?

I think it is specific to the ipad 3 because my ipad 2 has had fantastic battery life since the update

waah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There has been no change in the battery life since the ios 6 update for me. Probably you need to tweak some settings that would have changed on its own!

theTimo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is always some adapting what comes the battery time after the OS update. The statistics of the battery probably get deleted during the installation procedure to be built again.

So the battery might well achieve the stamina it had with iOS5.1.1 after some charging cycles i.e. a couple of fulldrains/fullcharges.

Last edited:

waah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is always some adapting what comes the battery time after the OS update. The statistics of the battery probably get deleted during the installation procedure to be built again.

So the battery might well achieve the stamina it had with iOS5.1.1 after some charging cycles i.e. a couple of fulldrains/fullcharges.

Yes, completely agree with you! Once in a while, a complete charging cycle must happen to get best out of the battery. I guess this calibrates the battery.

bdude52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ogilley said:
I haven't changed a thing since the update and I haven't kept specific stats, but mine seems to run down faster than before iOS 6. I have a few friends that have offered the same observation. Perhaps someone will provide some hard facts on this issue.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I have been away from my charger more often now, and I see it too. Things that normally used next to no battery cause the battery to drop. I was at a friends place, and we watched a few movies (on his computer). I checked my Facebook in between and we took maybe 3 photos. That's it and the battery was down to 62%, even though it had been on standby for 98% of the 5 hours. :/

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you checked all your settings, including notifications etc., since the upgrade? There are new settings and sometimes an upgrade will just want things to be on that you don't need.

bdude52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Czevski said:
Have you checked all your settings, including notifications etc., since the upgrade? There are new settings and sometimes an upgrade will just want things to be on that you don't need.

Yeah, that's the first thing I did when I got the update, only left the things on that I want, and I think the only thing was shared photo streams, I'm not sure. Would you mind putting up a list of features that have changed and will drain the battery?

Thanks,
Nathan

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the Machash app for Mac news and tips and read an article on battery life, but it must be longer ago than I thought. I didn't find it. Now that the phone version of the official iOS 6 instruction book is out, I hope the iPad version will be soon.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I forgot the app Carat which will tell you if any app is using a lot of battery power.

bdude52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Czevski said:
I forgot the app Carat which will tell you if any app is using a lot of battery power.

Thanks, I just downloaded it then. Why does it have such a poor rating on the App Store? Anyway, I have to wait a week or something so it can get my usage stats? I'll post them then

Nathan

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, I just downloaded it then. Why does it have such a poor rating on the App Store? Anyway, I have to wait a week or something so it can get my usage stats? I'll post them then

Nathan
The reason for the poor rating is because, apparently, it sucks more battery power than it saves.

Last edited:

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Personally, I haven't tried the app out, but I would check the reviews. If the app is that bad, delete it,

Most reactions

Latest posts