What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

av conversion cables and an analog tv without hdmi

ochssee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad2 and a couple of tv's without hdmi connection. Apple av conversion cables should be the way to connect iPad2 to tv enabling me to watch not just youtube clips or photos, but also movies in either avapp or movie app or... not? The local Apple store here in Kuwait tells me I cannot watch movies from any app using the av cables. Another source confirms I could watch movies if I can first move them to the iPod in iPad... what a mess. Can I or can't I watch movies using av composite cables on my 'old' tv's? Why all the confusion I wonder. Those cables are pretty pricey and cannot be returned if they don't work... No one around here in Kuwait Apple stores who seem to know what they are talking about. Anyone around who knows the answer? Thanks in advance.

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive got a Plasma tv without HDMI. I wanted to connect iPad to tv via atv2, Managed to find a HDMI to Composite Box on amazon. All connects Great now and wireless.

OP
O

ochssee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, but can you view movies played from an app like Movie Player or Azul, or AV player, not just youtube or photos? The point is, I would like to watch movies stred on my iPad, using it like a media player. i'm not really interested in viewing images or video clips played in the pre loaded apps.

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At the Moment i Stream directly from my wireless Server to my iPad. Ok so you need to go a step further to the tv which has no HDMI.
If you connect like i Said with Apple tv 2 using HDMI Adapter (atv2 only has a hdmi Output) it will Be possible with iOS 5 to directly Mirror the iPad screen on to the tv.
Good luck
Nick

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts