What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AT&T: 250Mb Sure Goes Fast!

OldSalt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found over the past two months that I was quickly reaching the 250Mb limit on my AT&T 3G iPad. I have a post-paid account so I don't get the online option of quickly upgrading to the higher limit. I use WiFi at home and when it's available, but use the device quite a bit while on the road. I've now changed over to the 2Gb plan.

I can't imagine getting by with only WiFi. My wife was doing work-related research the whole time we drove across several states last weekend.

How's everyone's usage working out?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was getting the cheaper plan, through AT&T, @ $25 a month. I forget what MB that was.:eek:

But then I decided to go with the $14.99 plan, and that lasts me shy of 2-3 days, ~ almost to the 30th day!

Like you, I use wifi at home and 3G out in the field. I like when AT&T kicks me an email when I am down to 20MB. And we can renew or not whenever we please.:)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I easily use 4 or 5 GB a month, on top of wi-fi at home. I'm grandfathered in on AT&T's unlimited plan.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have the 250MB plan as well. Our use is primarily at home via Wi-Fi. I'll use 3G when we're out shopping (well, my wife's shopping anyway:p). I think we used about 190 mb of our allotment last month. Wish we could roll over.:(

Porshe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 2 G plan and its great.

I had the 250 meg for the first month which lasted less than a week.

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have any plan yet, as I tether my Jailbroken iPhone 4 with my iPad 2 for now. I am trying to determine which is the best plan to meet my data needs right now....

I can tell you though, that AT&T is currently looking into their data plans for the iPhone and iPad, and we might all see rollover data some time in the future. This will be nice for a lot of people that use a lot of data one month, and not so much the next.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can tell you though, that AT&T is currently looking into their data plans for the iPhone and iPad, and we might all see rollover data some time in the future. This will be nice for a lot of people that use a lot of data one month, and not so much the next.

That would be great!

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rooted droid phone on the sprint network = unlimited data at no extra charge:D.

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I easily use 4 or 5 GB a month, on top of wi-fi at home. I'm grandfathered in on AT&T's unlimited plan.

Hmmm, I too have the grandpa plan on my smartphone so I wonder if that will allow me to add the iPad2 to a like' plan when it arrives next week. Any thoughts? :confused:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hmmm, I too have the grandpa plan on my smartphone so I wonder if that will allow me to add the iPad2 to a like' plan when it arrives next week. Any thoughts? :confused:

They're separate plans under AT&T. You can switch to tethering, but I don't know whether you'd be able to keep unlimited.

I also have grandfathered unlimited data on my iPhone. I pay a discounted rate through my company (though that's strictly for my personal use). I'm not interested in tethering, so never looked into it.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'm not sure about smartphone plans, but when I sold my ATT iPad 1 (which had the unlimited plan) I could have rolled it over to my iPad 2. But because of the horrible local ATT coverage I went with Verizon and the 1GB $20 data plan. It turns out that 1GB is all I need, and I'm saving money over the ATT unlimited price.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'm not sure about smartphone plans, but when I sold my ATT iPad 1 (which had the unlimited plan) I could have rolled it over to my iPad 2. But because of the horrible local ATT coverage I went with Verizon and the 1GB $20 data plan. It turns out that 1GB is all I need, and I'm saving money over the ATT unlimited price.

AT&T let those with grandfathered unlimited on iPad 1 roll over unlimited to iPad 2, but that's not the same as letting them add an unlimited plan to iPad when all you have is unlimited on a smart phone. I doubt they will, but it doesn't cost anything to ask.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I have the 250mb a month plan on my iPhone 4, I try not to use it unless I have to. I try to only visit mobile sites if I do, but yeah def wish I had unlimited. I use to go over but know I just find alternatives (wifi) good thing all my friends have wifi at their houses.

On Vaca my girlfriend has the 4th tehthering plan and I never use my phone on Vaca, I wipe out the iPad out and about more than I would at home to use that hotspot feature.

my first three months I went over then I learned...

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
User

I found over the past two months that I was quickly reaching the 250Mb limit on my AT&T 3G iPad. I have a post-paid account so I don't get the online option of quickly upgrading to the higher limit. I use WiFi at home and when it's available, but use the device quite a bit while on the road. I've now changed over to the 2Gb plan.

I can't imagine getting by with only WiFi. My wife was doing work-related research the whole time we drove across several states last weekend.

How's everyone's usage working out?

Preet good I have the 2 gig plan. I use around 1 gig per month on avg

Most reactions

Latest posts