What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AT&T announces 250MB/day plan at $5 and 1GB/3-month at $25 for iPad users

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
att_ipad.png

At GigaOM’s Mobilize conference taking place now in Francisco, AT&T’s SVP of Emerging Devices Chris Penrose, announced today that the carrier is introducing two new data plans for iPad users.

The first one is a $5 a day data plan available for 3G and LTE iPads that gives users 250 MB. AT&T customers will be able to purchase additional data sessions whenever they need directly on their iPad by going to AT&T’s website. This data plan is perfectly suitable for those frequently travelling and in need for a quick online connection. The second data plan offers 1GB over three months at the price of $25.

Chris Penrose, speaking about the choice between a cellular and a Wi-Fi only tablet, said the following at the event:

“We really think that a Wi-Fi only tablet is good, but it is not good enough. We’ve seen that price go down substantially over the past several years. Ultimately we’d like to see tablet manufacturers build just one tablet.â€

The new announced data plans are not limited to the iPad and can be used with other cellular tablets from AT&T’s offering. With the introduction of these two new data plans, AT&T is hoping that it will manage to convince more customers to try out cellular plans, as tablet buyers have opted mostly for Wi-Fi-only models. Even when they did buy a cellular-capable iPad or another tablet, they were keeping that as an emergency solution.

Perhaps carriers should also come up with better and cheaper data plans. What do you think about these new ones from AT&T, do you find them affordable and worth the price?

Source: MacRumors

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1 GB per 3 months for $25 sounds very good to me. I currently turn on Verizon's 1 GB for $20/month several times a year and never use that much data given WIFI availability. At $100/year, I'd leave that plan in place. Nice timing given the upcoming announcements.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If my next iPad does have data support, I'd be down with that 1GB every three months thing. Sign me up!

wrathchild

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get 500mb on my mifi device for $10 and get a entire year to use it. 1.5gb for $25 and 3gb for $45. And did I mention I have a full year to use them? It really is the best deal around.

Code:
http://internet-go.com/

Most reactions

Latest posts