What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you still happy with wifi?

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering how many people have had second thoughts about 3G. I really love my WI FI but I admit I get a little itch for 3G every now and than. I am taking iPad on it's first airplane trip Wed. Going t Seattle so we will see how our baby handles a long trip. :p

kravdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pulled the trigger and sold my wifi and upgraded to 3G....I was able to sell my gently used wifi for $20 less than i paid for it, so I figure that it cost me ten bucks a month!

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not at all. I tether it to my Motorola Droid if I need access on the go.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pleased with 3G. Made sure I got that version because we're without a WiFi network at home. Haven't used it as much since my new neighbor moved in along with an unsecured wireless router and I wind up piggybacking on it most of the time.

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not at all. I tether it to my Motorola Droid if I need access on the go.

This. No need for 3G. Motorola Droid provides me with Verizon's 3G service which is much better than that of ATT.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've said it a million times but I am anxiously awaiting the HTC DI to be rooted.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
me i love the Wifi set up ..i really want to use the ipad i can go into a local place that offers free Wifi and use it that way or at work we have Wifi setup .. i have no itch to add a another bill in my life at this point and time ..

plus i like the fact that i made the right choice over the 3G plan for i basically knew that the AT&T where gong Crawlfish and do a 180 on the plans so i basicallsy stay with the Wifi system..

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my WiFi iPad. :))) I'm in starbucks right now connected to my jailbreaked iPhone using MyWi. This thing is fast.

I will not upgrade my iPhone to OS 4 until someone's got a jailbreak for it. I remember ordering a 3G at first and then cancelled it. I don't need another monthly bill just for another 3G. I'm very happy with my set up right now.

tpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WiFi is good for me. I use Clear 4G at home and the Clear Spot as I travel.

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. Still happy with WiFi.

I just received a 3G from my work. (my wife inherits my wifi) BUT
I will probably NEVER turn on the 3G.

I could have started it up last week... But I will not keep paying for it continuously,
so with ATT's new plans, I can't get unlimited.

So even though I have a 3G unit now, I see no reason to run it any way other than wifi.

Most reactions

Latest posts