What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you still happy with wifi?

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just committed to a 3G even though I've not had a need of it as of yet in my wifi only. The opportunity came up, I can see a few occasions where I'll likely use it but who knows. It's good to have in a pinch since we're not committed to a contract. I hope I can get near cost out of my wifi sale.

Biggest reason, my best friend "Mr. Jones" got one so you know I had to do it!

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
I am still happy with my wifi only. There are several times I would have liked to use the 3G, but overall I am glad to save on the initial cost and very glad to save on the monthly cost. I carry a 4G hotspot, which is great in ATL and Chicago (where I am most of the time). The hotspot still doesn't work great driving, but other than that I am happy.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another MiFi user here. Just works for the occassions I need roaming access.
Plus I intend upgrading to the next version as soon as it's available.

Hussainal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still love my WiFi, didn't think of changing to 3G, because I don't use the iPad outside much, usually use it in WiFi hot spot, at home or in Coffee shops.

HummerDriverH2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both wifi 64 gig & 3G 64 gig. - honestly ive had the 3G for a month
And I just opened the box.... I have my new iphone4 & my jail broken 3GS
With mywi' I usually grab my wifi iPad & 3GS if I need to connect.

afiggy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the wifi, I have an HTC TouchPro 2 with Sprint and use WiFi Router and I am good to go! I do not want another bill in my life.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I love my BlacKBerry and can tether my laptop but BBs don't do hotspot or internet sharing otherwise like winmo or iPhone app to iPad. Getting hotspot from carriers ie: Sprint is costly and requires contract, the 3G for limited sporadic use is more in line... And then there's Mr. Jones to contend with. :D

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Well, I love my BlacKBerry and can tether my laptop but BBs don't do hotspot or internet sharing otherwise like winmo or iPhone app to iPad. Getting hotspot from carriers ie: Sprint is costly and requires contract, the 3G for limited sporadic use is more in line... And then there's Mr. Jones to contend with. :D

Would this work for you? Not sure what version of Blackberry you have.

PdaNet -- Use your BlackBerry as a USB Modem

Bogy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I may be missing something, but doesn't PdaNet allow USB or bluetooth tethering, neither of which is an option with the iPad? Which is the same problem I have with my current WinMO phone, I can tether my laptop, but not my iPad.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, no I even use Tether (TetherBerry) for BT tether with my laptop and all that is fine, but the iPad needs a wifi and a berry doesn't have any capabilities to become a hotspot like several WM phones and most android phones do... but I love my BB too much to worry about it. :)

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

I may be missing something, but doesn't PdaNet allow USB or bluetooth tethering, neither of which is an option with the iPad? Which is the same problem I have with my current WinMO phone, I can tether my laptop, but not my iPad.

Ah shoot, sorry about that. I thought I had read wifi but was thinking about something else at the time.

Most reactions

Latest posts