What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are you a mac or a windows user?

are you a mac or windows user

• I am a mac user

Votes: 203 25.3%
  • I am a windows user

Votes: 403 50.2%
  • I use both

Votes: 197 24.5%

• Total voters

Sindawe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mostly Windows, for work compatabilty and gaming at home. I've wondered into Linix a few times, and occasional forays in Unix when work demands it. I used Macs quite a bit for writing up process documentation in the early 1990s before the employer standardized on Windows for us manufacturing types and use on the production floor.

chuckz28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would have liked to see an option for Linux as well. I primarily use windows but I have a few machines all running different OS. I use xp, win 7, Xununtu, and Open Suse all on different machines. I don't discriminate :) the only one I refuse to get is a Mac. Far too over priced and not as easy to upgrade. I enjoy tearing my computers apart far too much to change stuff around. As for mobile OS I currently use android on my phone and iOS on my iPad.

charliebrown408

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are mac or window user then for browsing the web, use always mac browser, because it is fully protected for the mac users. You can stay protected from mac.

MLimtiaco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
However...in my experience, Mac apps just seem to work more smoothly, with fewer hardware-related issues, and with few exceptions.

Yes Macs have quite good hardware that is until you drop them, sit on them, burn them or spill water on them. I see a lot of people running around with macbooks with huge dents. That's the reason I go after thinkpads, I drop those laptops countless times and did some computing in the rain and they still work... Same price tag as Macs but better survival.
I wish they made macs with track points and shock/water reistant.

I've never owned, and don't plan to get, a Mac laptop. So the likelihood of dropping, sitting on, burning, or spilling water on my trusty iMac is exceptionally low.:D

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All macs here. iMac27 i5, iMac 20 dc2.0, and macbookpro dc2.2.

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use both but only because my job has a website I have to access through with Netscape or IE and since I refuse to sully my Mac with a Windows Bootcamp or Parallels, I keep an aging XP machine alive via duct tape and witchcraft for that sole purpose.

OP
M

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
However...in my experience, Mac apps just seem to work more smoothly, with fewer hardware-related issues, and with few exceptions.

Yes Macs have quite good hardware that is until you drop them, sit on them, burn them or spill water on them. I see a lot of people running around with macbooks with huge dents. That's the reason I go after thinkpads, I drop those laptops countless times and did some computing in the rain and they still work... Same price tag as Macs but better survival.

I've never owned, and don't plan to get, a Mac laptop. So the likelihood of dropping, sitting on, burning, or spilling water on my trusty iMac is exceptionally low.:D
Good point but I still like to do my computing on a bed or toilet seat....

ShortNCuddlyAm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mac at home (although I very occasionally try to convince my old laptop running Windows into life for work purposes), and Windows at work. I far prefer the Mac

That's why we switched from the prettier looking Sony Vaios at work to Thinkpads - we've only had one broken so far - and that was used by someone who has broken every portable device he's been issued with

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At this point, I'm still a windows user. However, given how impressed I am with Apple products, I can definitely see myself with a Mac some day.

Kongstatine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to be a window user but was switch to Mac. Like they say, "once you go Mac, you don't go back!!"

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tested Apple 5 years ago and never looked back..Back where windows belong.
Slow, unreliable and OLD means Windows.

marlainwa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Switched to Mac beginning this year

but we are a split house. Our computers were old so we both bought new ones I got a mac and he bought a new HP.

I love my mac its wonderful and can't wait to get Ipad...just trying to figure out which one to get.

Most reactions

Latest posts