What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

apps & refunds?

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've yet to pay for a app on ipad but was wondering if there is any way to gain a refund if it doesn't work? I have downloaded several free ones that don't work so I'd be annoyed at paying for something that doesn't work!
I've also found several of the so called free ones are simply time limited trial versions that stop working after a time & there doesn't seem to be any way to re install them as they somehow know its the same ipad! how does that work? can't you clear your cookies like a PC or something? sorry this is now 2 questions!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't answer the second part of your question but yes, Apple will give you a refund if you buy an App which fails to work as advertised.

The Archangel

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've yet to pay for a app on ipad but was wondering if there is any way to gain a refund if it doesn't work? I have downloaded several free ones that don't work so I'd be annoyed at paying for something that doesn't work!

Gabriel
has already answered this question - keep in mind that 'paid' iPad apps may offer more functionality, lack of ads & other annoying pop-ups, and better developer support, plus their cost is often nominal - if you really need a specific type of app and the one under question has received excellent reviews, then paying a few bucks is kind of a 'no brainer'; and again, Apple seems to be quite lenient in refunds if you are unhappy w/ an app(s).

I've also found several of the so called free ones are simply time limited trial versions that stop working after a time & there doesn't seem to be any way to re install them as they somehow know its the same ipad! how does that work? can't you clear your cookies like a PC or something? sorry this is now 2 questions!

If you enter Settings -> General -> About, the serial number & MAC addresses of your Wi-Fi & Bluetooth of your iPad are listed - these are UNIQUE to your device (like have 3 Social Security Numbers) - when you authorized your iPad for iTunes & App purchases, Apple is going to know who you are (i.e. you have signed into the stores) and which machine you are using. NOW, whether a developer + Apple can limit your use of a 'free' trial app and prevent an additional 'free' download, I'm not sure - maybe others will 'chime in' - in the meantime, you may want to check some of the suggestions HERE - might help - good luck. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts