What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

transfer and play non apple format video files app advice on ipad3

kiwibits

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to transfer video files from my pc to my ipad 3. When i use iTunes i can get the files to the library but not to transfer. I've tried all sorts of formats but nothing works (same with mp3 files). I've tried a couple apps (playable and one other free one) with no luck. Also i want to play non apple approved formats so am really looking for a good app that transfers either via wireless or usb cable (not dropbox or similar as it uses bandwidth and costs money in this corner of the world). I don't mind paying for the app but don't want to waste my $ on something that doesn't do the job. Any ideas?
ta for any help

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like OPlayerHD for non standard iPad videos. Can stream directly from a network media server or sync and transfer via iTunes app file transfer for playback on the device. It can also create a web address for transfers via browser on a PC or Mac.

OP
K

kiwibits

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi ta for the help. I think i'll give one called goodplayer a go as it's been recomended by a friend and someone else on a different forum

D

dvdcatalyst

I'm trying to transfer video files from my pc to my ipad 3. When i use iTunes i can get the files to the library but not to transfer. I've tried all sorts of formats but nothing works (same with mp3 files). I've tried a couple apps (playable and one other free one) with no luck. Also i want to play non apple approved formats so am really looking for a good app that transfers either via wireless or usb cable (not dropbox or similar as it uses bandwidth and costs money in this corner of the world). I don't mind paying for the app but don't want to waste my $ on something that doesn't do the job. Any ideas?
ta for any help

If you use iPad optimized videos, you can use iTunes to wirelessly transfer your videos over to your iPad3.

If you are looking for something that will turn your videos into a supported format, have a look at this guide:

Ultimate Apple iPad 3 Video How To Guide | Tools4Movies | DVD Catalyst 4
For streaming, this guide might be of some use as well:

Kindle Fire Video Streaming Guide Part 1 | Tools4Movies | DVD Catalyst 4

I wrote it for the Kindle Fire, but it works for just about everything that has a web browser and can play MP4 video files.

OP
K

kiwibits

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi ta for the advice but i didn't want to have to recode everything just to keep apples ego up so have paid for goodplayer which works real good and easy to transfer any formate of video file.

Most reactions

Latest posts