What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

safari and nook app issues with bn.com

cpurdom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a couple of days ago safari and the nook app stopped working with barnesandnoble.com. I figured it was barnesandnoble.com's problem but a friend of mine says his iPad isn't having the same problem.

It looks to me like session information is getting lost. I log in to the site and on some pages the site thinks I'm logged in, and others it doesn't. The page that normally shows my purchased books never thinks I'm logged in, and since this is the page that the nook app uses to synch, the synch never happens.

Firefox on my pc works fine. Chrome on my pc is having a similar but not as severe problem (which is why I thought it was a website issue). I tried clearing cache and cookies on safari and it didn't help.

barnes and noble had me uninstall and reinstall the nook app and iBooks. neither of those helped, though since this is a browser problem I don't know why it would have.

does anybody have any good ideas?

olinr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I lost my Nook books after upgrading my iPad. Nook has basically said it is my problem. Therefore I deleted the App. to use no more!

Most reactions