What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Store visit!

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I love Mac stuff. My company gives us our choice of laptops and isn't afraid to spend money, so my co-workers have some of the nicest PC laptops known to man - such as high end Dells, Thinkpads (Lenovos), and Tough books. But they all agree that my Macbook Pro is the best hardware of the bunch (they're just scared of the operating system)

As for the stores, I will give them credit, there is no other brand that offers a comparable hands-on environment for their hardware. And they let you play with them all you want. (After all there is not likely more than 2 people in the store that know the difference between a bit and a byte.)

Jandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been in many Apple stores and most of them are always busy. I think the longest i ever had to wait was 10-mins, most of time i'll get an acknowledgment from an Apple rep, they'll be with me shortly. When i compare this to the countless bad experiences i've had with Windows machines, i'm a happy camper,, no complaints here ;)

My thoughts exactly!!!!! One place that drives me nuts is Best Buy. The way they try to push you into their extended warranties. After telling the associate "no" ten times you are then questioned again by the cashier.:mad:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every trip I have made to the Apple Store has been a pleasant one. There are times that I can go in and get help at the Genius Bar in a short period without an appointment. When they are busy, I do not expect any such luck. They have always been courteous, and for the most part half way intelligent. My wife had issues with her iBook having problems, and made an appointment at the GB the next time she was in the area. He did a bunch of tweaks for free and then suggested she up the RAM. I did that myself, and she is much happier. As for them telling you to see someone else, most of them are sales people with basic knowledge. If you need more detailed or technical information, it is better to have you talk with a more qualified person. And if you go to check out, you don't go to a stock boy at Wal-Mart, so what is the beef about going to the back?

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the stores. Obviously each one is different, but the ones Ive been to (Meadowhall in Sheffield, Oxford Street in London, Chadstone in Melbourne) have been really pleasant experiences.

The staff in all three were knowledgeable, helpful, and with one exception, not even slightly elitist. The one exception was when I heard one of the younger reps telling someone that their touch would run much better if they were using a Mac to sync to. The poor punter actually ended up more confused than when they entered.

Still, I have yet to find any goods/service provider with a 100% track record.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My only Apple store was also a bad experience.
I never give my address at retail locations, and anyway, I don't live in America now. .
The Apple stores here only take credit cards, which have an address associated with them, so...

She was probably trying to put you on the mailing list for the classes and promo events they offer.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the small apple store in the next town over is not really that bad for if you go in the middle of the week and i had no problem getting help or have my question answered when ask them to the sales personal

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow. I just read this whole thread for the first time and I feel lucky that there are so many Apple stores around me. Several people mention they have to drive an hour or more, or the next town over to get to the closest store.

I'm surrounded by three Apple stores here in suburban Seattle. If I drive 20 min north, 15 min south, or 25 min west, I'll hit one. They're always busy and yes, it's a pain to walk in, pick your item off the shelf and buy it. At least they have a dedicated greeter who can use their fancy headset to snag a person for you.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the only time I went to an Apple store is when I bought my 60GB iPod. Ended up selling that on eBay for a 99$ NIB Nano one I found on eBay at the time.

This was when they had the all plastic cases that scratched when you looked at it wrong.

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the only time I went to an Apple store is when I bought my 60GB iPod. Ended up selling that on eBay for a 99$ NIB Nano one I found on eBay at the time.

This was when they had the all plastic cases that scratched when you looked at it wrong.

lol I had a 20gb iPod (3g I think). I managed to go almost 6 months without it scratching - even now, Im not sure how as it was always in a case. Kind of like the backs of the current touch. Its been in a case since I took it out of the packaging, and it has small marks on it.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score

lol I had a 20gb iPod (3g I think). I managed to go almost 6 months without it scratching - even now, Im not sure how as it was always in a case. Kind of like the backs of the current touch. Its been in a case since I took it out of the packaging, and it has small marks on it.

At least the current touch cases (the shiny aluminum ones, not the new anodized Nano's) you can actually buff out and look like new again if they are really scratched up.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are only two Apple stores in Oklahoma. OKC and Tulsa. Both are about an hour from me, which is fine since I always am going to one or the other. However, tomorrow we finally are getting a Best Buy. Tomorrow is the grand opening. They were not suppose to get a Apple section, but I saw a sign on the store advertising it. I hope so, since not selling Apple products around a college is insane.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are only two Apple stores in Oklahoma. OKC and Tulsa. Both are about an hour from me, which is fine since I always am going to one or the other. However, tomorrow we finally are getting a Best Buy. Tomorrow is the grand opening. They were not suppose to get a Apple section, but I saw a sign on the store advertising it. I hope so, since not selling Apple products around a college is insane.

They will have the devices on display, but nothing in stock. My local BB only had a Pink iPad sleeve in stock for 40$.....

Most reactions

Latest posts