What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Store 3G Reservation Policy

Crimguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not asking them anymore. I put my reservation in on 5/2 and have received no notices. I'm half expecting to never get a notice. Not to worry though - I used the money to pay bills/credit card :-D

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com
Just an update, I went to see about maybe putting in an order online for one, and the wait time listed has jumped from "5-7 business days" to "7-10 business days"... so I didn't even worry about it. Guess I'll just wait and see and hope my store gets some big shipments in.

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Received my ipad on Friday, actually before the delivery date of 5/17 on the Fed Ex tracking page. It's absolutely amazing machine.

Reaction score
Put my name on the reserve list 5/5 for a 32 GB 3G and still no word. Called the Apple store and got the same information--"Can't tell you where you are on list. We will know when you know." Also advised that I wait it out rather than order, since the ship time had jumped and taking close to 2 weeks for delivery.

cabinets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Put my order on NotifyMe at the Northpoint Mall Apple Store in the Atlanta area on May 5. Got the email to pick it up today. Loooong enough wait for me. 32gb 3G model btw.

BRHuffman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Day 11 and counting...

I am also awaiting notification of my 16 GB 3G. I reserved it at the Roseville MN store on 5/6 and thought I would get it in a week or less... no luck. I called them today and was told I am "next on the list" but they have no idea when it will come in... sigh... ordering online would have been here by now...:(

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com
On the 12th day it arrived - I received an e-mail today that it's waiting for me at the Apple store.

That's good news, I'm on the 12th day now so I'm hoping for mine very soon. What time during the day or evening did you guys receive your notification email from Apple, are they usually sent in the morning?

cabinets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the 12th day it arrived - I received an e-mail today that it's waiting for me at the Apple store.

That's good news, I'm on the 12th day now so I'm hoping for mine very soon. What time during the day or evening did you guys receive your notification email from Apple, are they usually sent in the morning?

Got mine while at church Sunday morning. Around 9:00am. I was a little surprised to get the email on a Sunday morning.

rmcsteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I registered here because of this very thread... I put in a reservation for a 32GB 3G on the 11th of last week at the Syracuse store. At the time the kid said that in-store reservations were taking 3-5 days and were being fulfilled a little faster than online orders. It's now been a week (5 business days) and still no e-mail... Based on some of the experiences posted here, it looks like I probably have got another week to go yet. :(

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone seen a breakdown the of the individual models sold? I am starting to suspect I got mine so quickly because they don't sell as many 64GB 3G models. It looks like the 16GB versions are most popular, in both variants.

rmcsteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Arrgh! Stopped in the local Best Buy this evening and discovered that they had just got 5 in. Great! Well, not so fast... They also had just sold the last one a few minutes before I arrived.. So I will continue to wait for my reservation to be filled. :(

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com
Anyone seen a breakdown the of the individual models sold? I am starting to suspect I got mine so quickly because they don't sell as many 64GB 3G models. It looks like the 16GB versions are most popular, in both variants.

Getting a more expensive iPad does speed up your order somewhat. I talked to a sales associate (even though they hate being called that) extensively about it a few days ago. She said that people who order the 64GB tend to get them faster because there is less demand, and Apple is still shipping them frequently because they make the most profit off of them. The 32GB aren't as readily available as the 64GB, but they are still much quicker delivery than the 16GB. The same can be said in the ratio of WiFi to 3G, with most people wanting 3G now and WiFi's are being delivered faster to those on the wait list because of it... not to mention the influx of WiFi for sale on eBay/Craigslist because of the people upgrading to 3G.

The 16GB 3G list was at least 5x longer than the 64GB 3G list at my local store. So, if you want an iPad fast, shell out the extra cash for the 64GB models. If I had to put them in order of best availability it would be as such...

64GB WiFi - Easiest to get
64GB 3G
32GB WiFi
16GB WiFi
32GB 3G
16GB 3G - Hardest to get

This is what I predict based upon my conversations with about five sales associates over a week period. If I had to order over again I'd go for a 32GB 3G rather than the 16GB simply so I'd have it sooner. Again, this is all speculation but educated speculation.

tail24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It took 12 days for my in-store reservation to come in. Was told 2-3 days 7 at most. In the end waited it out and it came in. It was worth the wait but not the annoyance of how the system works. We should know where on the list we are.

Most reactions

Latest posts