What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Store 3G Reservation Policy

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a 3G for my daughter on May first and order says will deliver between May 11 and May 15. No updates on the order yet.

Mitten

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a 3g - 16 gb on May 3 from the online store and also got the confirmation email that it would be delivered 5-7 business days from order or between May 11 - 15. No further word yet, but it appears that a whole lot of 3G iPads are supposed to be delivered next week!

bmc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered online on April 21. I was notified Thursday, May 6, that it would be delivered per UPS by Monday, May 10. It left Anchorage Friday night, and may be in Louisville as of 4:00 this morning. The message SERVICE DISRUPTION OCCURRED is posted for Louisville, but also the tracking says it will still be delivered on Monday, May 10. I don't really know if the SERVICE DISRUPTION OCCURRED message is something that I should be fretting about. I suppose that I will still get it on Monday, but I am apprehensive.

aguilafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered online on April 21. I was notified Thursday, May 6, that it would be delivered per UPS by Monday, May 10. It left Anchorage Friday night, and may be in Louisville as of 4:00 this morning. The message SERVICE DISRUPTION OCCURRED is posted for Louisville, but also the tracking says it will still be delivered on Monday, May 10. I don't really know if the SERVICE DISRUPTION OCCURRED message is something that I should be fretting about. I suppose that I will still get it on Monday, but I am apprehensive.

I ordered on the same day as you and mine was also was listed as having a "Service Disruption". It says that the iPad is still on schedule and that I will receive it on Monday.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered one for my daughter on May 1, and the order is now saying "Prepared for shipment". Hopefully it is on track for the stated "May11-May15" delivery.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just checked again, and my May 1 order now says shipped, with delivery on May 12. So it really wasn't that long of a wait, considering lack of availability in stores.

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just checked again, and my May 1 order now says shipped, with delivery on May 12. So it really wasn't that long of a wait, considering lack of availability in stores.
If you don't mind me asking, what is your order number and model ordered? I also ordered on May 1st, but my 16GB 3G status has yet to change. Curious how far off our order numbers are. Mine is scheduled for the 11th-15th though.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Order Number: W69997678
Order Date: May 1, 2010 at 02:14 PM PDT
Shipped on: May 9, 2010 via FEDERAL EXPRESS
IPAD WI-FI + 3G 32GB-USA
It's slated for delivery by 4:30 May 12 when I track it.

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still waiting for my information on Apple.com to be updated. Still not shipped, even though I am relatively a few orders numbers from yours (1hour apart). Hopefully I get a tracking number today, as its slated for delivery 11th-15th, same as yours.

May 1, 2010 at 03:17 PM PDT - Order number W69999199
Not yet shipped
IPAD WI-FI + 3G 16GB-USA
Ships: 5 - 7 business days
Delivers: May 11 - May 15

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still waiting for my information on Apple.com to be updated. Still not shipped, even though I am relatively a few orders numbers from yours (1hour apart). Hopefully I get a tracking number today, as its slated for delivery 11th-15th, same as yours.

May 1, 2010 at 03:17 PM PDT - Order number W69999199
Not yet shipped
IPAD WI-FI + 3G 16GB-USA
Ships: 5 - 7 business days
Delivers: May 11 - May 15
Good luck! Does seem that you should have heard something by now or at least have seen the "prepared for shipment". Unless there is an even bigger shortage of the 16gig?

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gave up. Looked online at Bestbuy.com. One of the stores near me had some 16GB 3G's.I called them and they confirmed they had a few. Still had some when I got there. Got home and canceled my Apple.com order, as it was still showing as "not shipped". So no more waiting for me :)

Last edited:

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what happens to these wait times when they start shipping overseas!

jeffbulet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anyone here ordered ipad 3G 16Gb on may,5??? my status still stuck in "not yet shipped" is it normal? estimated delivers on may,13-19

Most reactions

Latest posts