What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Ripped Me Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
T

thecaptain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really can't believe this - you all are backing Apple. I see from your locations that most of you are not from Australia where we believe in giving people a fair go and being honest with each other. Wouldn't the world be a better place if we all did this.

You talk about doing research well I did - the old fashion way by talking to the so called experts - this is what keeps people employed. I wanted to buy some form of small tablet so visited many stores to compare specs and prices. When looking at an ASUS Tablet the salesperson was honest and said to leave my purchase for two weeks when a special deal would be out (on ASUS) but after talking to an Apple person decided to go their way.

Having said all this, I am very happy with my I Pad 2 but really wish there was an end to Corporate greed and everyone is given a fair go.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While it apparent that most people are not sympathetic to the OPs fustration, let us not get too carried away with our piling on the criticism. He is venting, and should have learned a lesson from this. Just like most of us have learned expensive lessons about not taking things for granted.

Thecaptain; sales people are not experts. They are trained to be helpful in deciding what piece of equipment within their inventory, is right for your needs. Even if the salesperson had known, which they didn't, they had no information on the iPad 3rd gen. If they had said anything, it could have been a lie, and that would have been wrong. Many of the people here are more knowledgable about iPads than the majority of sales people. Take note that while most of the posters have sympathized with you, they are united in where they place the blame. It has nothing to do with where you live, but with being reasonable about expectations. Apple is probably the best there is about customer care, but only within reason.

Last edited:

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To the op. That's just the way how Apple likes to do things.. being very discrete about up coming new products.. some companies like to throw it out on the table and be open about. Not Apple though. What can you do... :beer:

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A simple google search would have been a good idea.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is not only on this forum that we heard there was to be another iPad sometime early this year. The news has been out for ages! I chose to buy my iPad 2 just before Christmas even though I knew I should or could wait for the next one to come out. I guess it is worth trying to exchange yours but really feel you have not been looking online much or you would have known. Best of luck!

smokes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Captain, I also live in Oz and made my decision just TODAY to order, not the new iPad, but an iPad2 direct from Apple at the discounted price. I knew the new one was coming months ago and waited to see what it was. For the improvement I could see it wasn't different enough from the iPad2 to worry about so I bought the old superceeded one. All the bugs the iPad2 have/had are all common knowledge now and info is available everywhere. I like that. It'll be months before much useful info is available for the new iPad.
As for the Apple salesman not telling you it was coming in the near future, what salesman in his right mind would knock back a sale NOW? His job is to flog off what they have in stock, not what MIGHT be in stock in a month or so. Even if he knew the new model was coming out soon (which he probably didn't) you shouldn't knock him for doing what he's paid to do.
YOUR job as a potential purchaser is to open your eyes, look around, and investigate what's going on with the product you intend to buy, BEFORE you buy.
Whatever, the iPad you bought is still the great product it was when you bought it.

IGonz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can't believe you joined this forum in Febuary and still didn't know.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score

He stated he bought the iPad in February. I think it may be safe to assume he bought the iPad and THEN joined the forum.

I am seriously amazed at the grief the OP has taken in this thread. Simply put, this community is less than .01% of all iPad owner on the planet. That means the other 99.99 don't know or don't care this forum exists.

Apple made the iPad for the "average" user. If you are posting on this forum actively, you are NOT the average user.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most people do not care about the whats and why's of the iPad. They just use it.

OP
T

thecaptain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IGonz said:

I joined the Forum AFTER I purchased my I pad.

Am still amazed about my lack of support in this Forum. Obviously this is a Forum for Apple employees and shareholders.

I remind you about why I posted this in the first place. LET'S TREAT EACH OTHER HONESTLY, WITHOUT GREED AND TREAT EACH OTHER THE WAY YOU WISH TO BE TREATED YOURSELF. The world would be a far better place if we did.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thecaptain said:

Am still amazed about my lack of support in this Forum. Obviously this is a Forum for Apple employees and shareholders.

I remind you about why I posted this in the first place. LET'S TREAT EACH OTHER HONESTLY, WITHOUT GREED AND TREAT EACH OTHER THE WAY YOU WISH TO BE TREATED YOURSELF. The world would be a far better place if we did.

Nobody treated you dishonestly. Employees can't say ANYTHING about new product before launch.

OP
T

thecaptain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:
Nobody treated you dishonestly. Employees can't say ANYTHING about new product before launch.

Well if this is the case, and employees are forbidden from being honest with customers then Apple has a lot to answer for and should be ashamed of itself.

I am a business person myself and fully understand that you need to protect your sales etc but I can honestly state that my employees are instructed to be honest, ethical and my business still is very successful. Perhaps I could adopt Apple's standards and be more successful but I do like to sleep well at night.

IGonz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The OP will be fine. He has a new iPad.
I'm the type that find out everything I can when it comes to buying expensive things.
I just google my thoughts.
At the moment I am doing this. Not buying the g4 LTE iPad until I am sure I can grandfather it.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Thecaptain, please understand we have answered your question and I repeat no employees of Apple in retail stores or and resellers of Apple products know of what date or what products will be released until the day they are announced. My point again is they are not being dishonest they just do not know. Rumors fly around all the time and it gets totally confusing trying to sort them out so they make sense. I also wish to point out this forum is made up of thousands of users like your self from around the world and we are not associated with Apple in any way or form as this is a private forum.

Regarding support if you have any issues regarding your iPad or desire information about how to use your ipad we have the best team on the planet to assist you.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hey there, sorry for your frustration. I can relate, I am a recent Android convert and constantly found myself buying phones when my upgrade was due and then 2 weeks later they had newer and greater phone out. That is part of the reason why I switched to Apple. That way I know for the most part my device will be current for at least a year. However, it is true that most companies and especially Apple are very secretive about their products and release dates, though we did assume that a new tablet would be released sometime early in the year. Trying to keep up with technology is especially hard to do these days so that is why forums like this are very important. Hope it all works out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts