What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Release 4.3.4 - Jailbreakers BEWARE!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. This JB world just fascinates me to no end. Leigh ~ so you expected this? Was it fast or took longer than you would expect?

I thought given the drama around the jailbreak leak that it might have been out last weekend, but I guess there are more devices to test these days...
It's not as though Comex hid the fact the exploit was in the PDF engine, so I though they would have had it identified, tested, and out the door in double quick time! Guess not.

I'm looking for info on the iPad2 baseband at the moment. IF Apple has been foolish and not updated the version number, then iPad2 3G users may be able to use their blobs. I'm researching this at the moment...

Last edited:
OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
But of course, Young One. I don't twit and I don't FB, so I will live precariously through you.:D

Well, I don't twit either, but I just use it for updates. I hate Facebook too. Go on there for 2 minutes once a week.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was surprised it took them this long to come out with the update given how the JB worked. I really wish Apple would stop blocking it, it's my device and I should be able to use it any way I see fit (providing it's legal).

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:
I was surprised it took them this long to come out with the update given how the JB worked. I really wish Apple would stop blocking it, it's my device and I should be able to use it any way I see fit (providing it's legal).

Well the pdf exploit which was found by comex cant just be left alone. Apple has to patch these, so nobody uses the exploit for malicious purposes.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like i0n1c's untether exploit has also been patched, so 4.3.4 will be a thethered jailbreak for devices susceptible to limera1n (inc. iPad1) unless a new untether exploit can be discovered...

And it seems confirmed that iPad2 3G GSM & CDMA owners are indeed out of luck as suspected if they update to 4.3.4 by accident. Blobs will not work to downgrade.

You have been warned folks! ;)

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And it seems confirmed that iPad2 3G GSM & CDMA owners are indeed out of luck as suspected if they update to 4.3.4 by accident. Blobs will not work to downgrade.

Please forgive my noob question, but does this mean we have to be patient for a workaround for the 3G's, or is this likely a dead end.

Thanks.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:

I hope everyone gets the warning in time; but, I'm afraid a lot of people will be shut out and in pain over the enormous amount of time lost configuring their systems. I was just thinking of jailbreaking my own iPad. :(

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's been all over the blogs and Apple news sites. The headlines are funny. Some are reporting it as a fix for the PDF vulnerably the German government warned everyone about, others are calling it yet another attempt by Apple to block jailbreaking.

All a matter of perspective, I suppose. :D

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's been all over the blogs and Apple news sites. The headlines are funny. Some are reporting it as a fix for the PDF vulnerably the German government warned everyone about, others are calling it yet another attempt by Apple to block jailbreaking.

Most definitely.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm curious, how careful do we have to be so we don't have this happen by accident??

Don't you have to say OK to the update, or can it be applied without your knowledge??

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm more woried about installing an app that conflicts with the others to the point that I'm forced to reload the OS.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:

Yes, I was convinced it was a simple fix as most of the news revolved around the potential PDF vulnerability. Then I saw all these threads appearing on IPF. I suppose that not much imagination is required to see that patching the vulnerability locked out potential jailbreakers but, I didn't put two and two together.

Most reactions

Latest posts