What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downgrade iOS 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 with blobs iPad 2 3G question

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I've been doing a little research and seen the latest version of TU will allow a downgrade from 4.3.4 to 4.3.3 with blobs for iPad 2 3G owners. It said along as apple are signing 4.3.4. This window will be closing shortly and will it be possible to downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 ?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
notcom has released TinyUmbrella 5.00.07 with support for iPad2 users wanting to install 4.3.3. Provided you have your saved SHSH Blobs, this new TU will help you restore as long as Apple are signing 4.3.5 (the current firmware)

More details here - The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

Tum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
notcom has released TinyUmbrella 5.00.07 with support for iPad2 users wanting to install 4.3.3. Provided you have your saved SHSH Blobs, this new TU will help you restore as long as Apple are signing 4.3.5 (the current firmware)

More details here - The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

Does this mean IPAD 2 3G owners can now restore back to 4.3.3 if they saved there shsh blobs then ? Or is this still just for IPAD 2 wifi ?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tum said:
Does this mean IPAD 2 3G owners can now restore back to 4.3.3 if they saved there shsh blobs then ? Or is this still just for IPAD 2 wifi ?

Yes, that's exactly what it means. iPsd2 3G owners can downgrade IF they saved blobs for the version they are going to...

Tum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great this is really good news.
I saved my 4.3.3 SHSH Blobs but i havent got my 4.3.4 Blobs saved.

Now that we have the ability to downgrade back to 4.3.3 on 3G would you say its a good idea to upgrade now to 4.3.5 and save the blobs for that version, then downgrade back to 4.3.3 and jailbreak again. Therefore keeping the blobs of the latest version ?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tum said:
Great this is really good news.
I saved my 4.3.3 SHSH Blobs but i havent got my 4.3.4 Blobs saved.

Now that we have the ability to downgrade back to 4.3.3 on 3G would you say its a good idea to upgrade now to 4.3.5 and save the blobs for that version, then downgrade back to 4.3.3 and jailbreak again. Therefore keeping the blobs of the latest version ?

You should read our FAQ sticky about blobs. They have no link to what firmware you have installed, so you don't (and should not) update to 4.3.5 to save them. Apple will provide you 4.3.5 blobs now because that is their current firmware version.
Just use TinyUmbrella to save them.

Tum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should read our FAQ sticky about blobs. They have no link to what firmware you have installed, so you don't (and should not) update to 4.3.5 to save them. Apple will provide you 4.3.5 blobs now because that is their current firmware version.
Just use TinyUmbrella to save them.

Thanks for the reply, and am still a little confused after reading your sticky about the blobs.
I have a 3G IPAD 2 and i saved my 4.3.3 blobs quite a time before the jailbreakme came out.
I now have it jailbroken, but was wondering now that there are 2 more newer firmwares out, and that apple only signs them whilst they are the latest firmware, wouldnt it be wise to upgrade to 4.3.5 and save my 4.3.5 blobs with tiny umbrella, so if i need to downgrade to 4.3.5 i have the blob saved ?
Or does it mean i have that ability already as i have 4.3.3 blob saved ?
Or can i get tiny umbrella to save the latest firmware, without the need for upgrading ?

Tum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ooops, one last thing. I just see on your sticky about the list of firmwares on Cydia at the top of the screen on my device.

I do see that there are 3 firmware versions there.
4.3.3 - 4.3.4 - 4.3.5

So am gathering that it says that am covered for downgrading or upgrading to them if i required it, or my device needed restoring do to an error or something !

Most reactions

Latest posts