What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Refuses Cash Payment for iPad

iBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad to hear that the Apple Store saw the error in how they handled that situation, and compensated the potential customer for their embarrassment. I think they must have realized that their elitist attitude was sending the wrong message to a lot of potential customers. I know lots of older folks who see the Debit Card as a Credit Card, and have not adapted to the "New" way of spending. I find it easier, but I just couldn't convince my 85 year old mother it was the way to go, when I did her shopping. It was easier for her to grasp that I could be put on her signature card at her bank so I could sign her checks, than it was to grasp that the little plastic card was like a check. Just too many new concepts for an older mind. And I personally found it very satisfying to buy my iMac in cash money, counting out the bills and taking the Paid In Full receipt! I felt very empowered by the act! In fact, I hope to do the same thing when I get my iPad 3G in a few months. Although, I WILL call the store in advance to be sure they still accept money!:p

MLimtiaco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, but Bremen's right - it lowers the bar again. Maybe this woman really did have an alternative, and maybe she didn't, but the next person to try this might be doing it just to work the system and not because of any true needs. And that'll make it harder for regular ol' paying customers like me to do business somewhere or other.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for those of a people who are in a low income area it is really hard to get the basic debt card from a bank at times...i can see where a person walking in and asking for 25 ipad would trigger a alarm with the sales person..but a single person asking for one ipad and will to pay cash you need to rethink your prostion a little bit ..it a little of common sense here people ..

for a lot of people who live on a fixed income does not mean that it a welfare type of person ..just means she could been hurt at work and the work doctors say no more or in a really bad car wreck or she was hit by a car and no longer can work ..you going to disablty now ..

Most reactions

Latest posts