What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple has change of heart, gives Diane Campbell a free iPad

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad-cash.jpg

Don’t you just love a happy ending?! Apple Insider reports this afternoon the hot-off-the-press news that Apple has given Diane Campbell a free iPad, and at the same time reversed their “no-cash-for-iPad†policy. You might recall she’s the San Francisco woman who just a couple of days ago was told by her local Apple store that they didn’t take cash when she went there to buy an iPad with her savings. Apple Sr. Vice President Ron Johnson told Mrs. Campbell’s local news station KGO-TV that after the station had brought Mrs. Campbell’s plight to their attention, Apple decided to change the policy on a company-wide basis. So, from today onwards, Apple stores will be happy to take your cash, provided you set up an Apple account at the store.

“We heard about this, we all would love people like Diane to get an iPad, so I called her up and she was very excited and we’re actually on our way to deliver an iPad to her house,†Johnson told KGO-TV. Diane Campbell responded by saying that she is “so excitedâ€, not just about getting an iPad, but about actually getting Apple to change its policy.

Apple reverses its no-cash payment policy for iPads | Video | abc7news.com

By Maura Sutton, iPadForums.net
Source: Apple Insider

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i think they need to use a little more common sense when it comes to letting people buy a ipad with cash ..

i can understand that if walk in there and someone ask for 50 or 100 ipads and they paying cash that should be a red flap to the sales person ..but when a person walks in and want a single ipad and going to pay for the item with cash then take the cash..

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just FYI, "debts" is the operative word, I heard on Buzz out Loud this week. If you have already received a goods or service, cash must be accepted. Not before you've received something.

I also think Apple's policy was silly and mean, but the law says what it says.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Where is my free iPad?

apple refused both my cash and apple store gift cards. Ever here the term dont give anything out unless you have enough for everyone? apples just giving this lady one for publisity.

Ticks me off.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where is my free iPad?

apple refused both my cash and apple store gift cards. Ever here the term dont give anything out unless you have enough for everyone? apples just giving this lady one for publisity.

Ticks me off.

"The squeaky wheel gets the grease"

Maybe you should have went to your local news station to complain.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in Fact is they don’t want to have huge cash amount and take the of armed attack …of course they don’t want people do grey market for E-Bay but they can’t control B B as one friend already sell more than 80 in e-bay … he has arrangement with a guy in local Best buy and when they receive new stock he go and take nearly all

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where is my free iPad?

Ticks me off.

AND changed the policy for everyone!
They say they WILL now allow people to buy with cash.

But you must initialize the device before you leave the store.

So she accomplished more than just getting one for herself.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in Fact is they don’t want to have huge cash amount and take the of armed attack …of course they don’t want people do grey market for E-Bay but they can’t control B B as one friend already sell more than 80 in e-bay … he has arrangement with a guy in local Best buy and when they receive new stock he go and take nearly all

that type of person that they need to go after and bring the hammer down on there heads for thing like that type of deals..

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

that type of person that they need to go after and bring the hammer down on there heads for thing like that type of deals..

I agree with you it’s easy buck and i bet in same time some customer have to wait for got their device due to this grey market

Temp40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.tabletbuzzblog.com
was quite a nice gesture by Apple for sure!! can't argue with a free iPad, plus it had a positive impact on them changing their 'no cash' policy which is good

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happy Ending

I saw this news on CNN. I think it's a great gesture by Apple to give her a free iPad. I will be very disappointed if that happens to me.

Most reactions

Latest posts