What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple News Glitch...

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I enjoy Apple News, I did read it often, no problem.

Then, I wiped my hard drive- Erase all Content and Settings option. When I set my iPad (5th Generation) up again, from a backup, Apple News didn’t appear. It was in the App Store, installed, but when I tap the Open button, I get a message saying “Restrictions Enabled. Certain apps, features, or services can’t be seen or used when Restrictions are on. To use this app, turn Restrictions off.”

Please, does anybody know how to do this?

I’ve never heard of ‘Restrictions,’ can’t find them on my machine or the User Guide, but I’d really like Apple News back!

I hope to hear from you!

Thanks!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That‘s in Settings - Screen Time - Content & Privacy Restrictions.

Also make sure the right country is selected in Settings - General - Language & Region.

OP
S

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your help, J.A.!

The path was Settings->Screen Time->Allowed Apps. News was there, toggled green. Didn’t matter; Restrictions were still Enabled! Any ideas how this could be?

Then I went Settings->TV Provider->Content and Privacy Restrictions->TV Provider->Don’t Allow. It worked!

Then I set a Screen Time Passcode and enabled Passcode Recovery.

Ideally, I’d just like to delete the whole thing, but that doesn’t seem to be an option. I can ‘Don’t Allow,’ I guess the hacker can ‘Allow’ just as easily as before...

BTW, regarding your last sentence, the correct country was selected, all fine there.

p.s. Now, I find this Restrictions Enabled for many things- my email, DuckDuckGo browser, etc., not just TV Provider anymore.

So, I’ll have fun untangling this mess, in the meantime, J.A. or anyone, if you know how to sort this out, *please let me know- it’ll save me some time.

So, sincere thanks, J.A. and anybody who took time to read this.

OP
S

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah they won’t be watching any TV from my machines anymore... I hope!

Most reactions

Latest posts