What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari Glitch

artbuc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only happens on my new iPad 14.4.1 with Safari on the Home Depot website. I can open HD website fine but when I search for a particular product, the screen is blank. Sometimes the correct screen will appear for a split second then disappear. This does not happen on my wife’s old iPad Pro with 13.7. Also doesn’t not happen on my new iPad using Chrome. Doesn’t happen on my desktop. Only happens on my iPad, iOS 14.4.1, Safari on the HD website. Does anyone have a clue? I have erased all contents and restored from an iCloud backup, changed all kinds of settings, etc, etc. Nothing works except Chrome browser. Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I did a little experimenting. Looks like you need to turn off Block All Cookies in Settings > Safari

I had to reload the home page after returning the setting to my usual before the strange enteral blank loading page went away.

I also suspected Block Pop-ups, but it does not seem to have any effect.

As an alternative, you can download and use the Home Depot app from the App Store.

OP
A

artbuc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx, but I already have Block All Cookies turned offf.

OP
A

artbuc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I think I found it. I turned on every experimental feature for Safari and Home Depot works fine. If I turn off all experimental features, the HD glitch returns. But, here is the rub. I never touched the experimental features. Some were turned on apparently as a default when I setup my brand new iPad. The HD problem started a week ago. Yesterday I turned off all experimental features when I discovered some were turned on. I made this discovery while messing around in Safari trying to fix my problem. So now all of my experimental features are on which makes me uncomfortable because I don’t know what they are or what they do. Guess I could turn off one at a time to see which one or ones affect HD but that would take forever.

So, does anyone know what these Safari experimental features are and which ones may be causing the HD glitch?

OP
A

artbuc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, using wife’s iPhone with same version iOS, I matched which experimental features were turned on. Problem solved. Despite what the internet and Apple say, Safari is compromised if you turn off all experimental features. Still don’t understand why problem started since I had not changed any experimental features, Go figure.

Reaction score
Ok, using wife’s iPhone with same version iOS, I matched which experimental features were turned on. Problem solved. Despite what the internet and Apple say, Safari is compromised if you turn off all experimental features. Still don’t understand why problem started since I had not changed any experimental features, Go figure.
Just went through heck with internet and apple customer service to no avail, even bought new router but depot site kept giving me ‘upgrade or switch browser’ error. Thank goodness I stumbled across your solution on google, and just joined this forum to post this.
Turned on OLD ipod which thankfully has much fewer experimental features than my new one. One by one switched them on and off - and with only the ‘intersection observer’ button switched on the Home Depot site is working!!! Also I have been inundated with captchas on ebay over the last few months- just gave it a quick check and so far so good.
Funny after I read your post I called apple and the woman said she had never heard of experimental features, then put me on forever hold. I called again and while waiting I did the run through and fixed it just as
was going to try screen mirror.
Fingers crossed…

darlenebr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just went through heck with internet and apple customer service to no avail, even bought new router but depot site kept giving me ‘upgrade or switch browser’ error. Thank goodness I stumbled across your solution on google, and just joined this forum to post this.
Turned on OLD ipod which thankfully has much fewer experimental features than my new one. One by one switched them on and off - and with only the ‘intersection observer’ button switched on the Home Depot site is working!!! Also I have been inundated with captchas on ebay over the last few months- just gave it a quick check and so far so good.
Funny after I read your post I called apple and the woman said she had never heard of experimental features, then put me on forever hold. I called again and while waiting I did the run through and fixed it just as
was going to try screen mirror.
Fingers crossed…

darlenebr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the work you did to figure that out! I turned on “intersection observer” and now I can use the Home Depot site in Safari. I thought it was Home Depot wanting people to use a certain browser. I can also access my Capital One credit card account. I would normally open up my Edge browser to access those 2 accounts. I actually talked to Apple support today and they didn’t have a fix. I got an email from Home Depot for a reward that I clicked on and it took me to Home Depot in Safari. I couldn’t use Home Depot in Safari. The tech had me go into settings and change my default browser to Edge so the email link would open Home Depot in Edge. After I was done with Home Depot I switched back to Safari as my default browser. No more switching back and forth now! He suggested I google this issue and someone else is probably having the same problem with Home Depot.

Most reactions