What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AppStore screen glitch

Toyeboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to Apple products. I just got my iPad 4 last week and it's great. Just one little thing that I'm just checking if its normal. When I'm in the AppStore searching for apps, when the images are loading and I'm scrolling down the page,suddenly the whole screen will do this weird glitch something pops up for a millisecond and then it goes back and continues loading. I thought it was just a little weird. But everything else is great and it's definitely probably a software glitch. Anyone notice this? Thanks.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPad 1 and have noticed this also. Sometimes when the example pictures are loading they won't scroll properly until all of the pictures are loaded. I was thinking that this was because my connection is very slow. I am on a dialup connection, but still have wifi with it.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have noticed this as well. It happens when I first start an app or go to another page within the app. If I blink when this happens I could miss it. I thought it was because my iPad 1 had such limited resources that this section was the last screen to complete. But then it happened in my iPad 2. So I checked out my iPad (3rd generation), it happened on this device as well. It is not annoying but noticeable, its like a camera shutter going off.

I'm glad you both noticed this because I now know, it wasn't my imagination!! LOL

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPad 1 and have noticed this also. Sometimes when the example pictures are loading they won't scroll properly until all of the pictures are loaded. I was thinking that this was because my connection is very slow. I am on a dialup connection, but still have wifi with it.

Wow....dialup WiFi connection?
Can't say I ever heard of that before.

I feel for you......if I only had dialup as an option I wouldn't have a computer in the house. Just to painful, especially with all the graphics intensive websites now days.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
Wow....dialup WiFi connection?
Can't say I ever heard of that before.

I feel for you......if I only had dialup as an option I wouldn't have a computer in the house. Just to painful, especially with all the graphics intensive websites now days.

It's not so bad any more. There used to be three college students here as well. For large things they would have to go six miles to the local library or the same distance to a friend's house. Satellite Internet is available, but I would have to cut down two nice sixty feet tall oak trees. My wife and I deal with the slow internet connection. Web pages take a long time to load.
For me not having a computer in the house would be difficult. I started learning programming in 1982, over half my life ago. I am still programming on the computer and now on the iPad.

OP
T

Toyeboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yeah I was thinking it could have been my internet connection also, but it also did it at my old college Wifi that's super fast.

I have noticed this as well. It happens when I first start an app or go to another page within the app. If I blink when this happens I could miss it. I thought it was because my iPad 1 had such limited resources that this section was the last screen to complete. But then it happened in my iPad 2. So I checked out my iPad (3rd generation), it happened on this device as well. It is not annoying but noticeable, its like a camera shutter going off.

I'm glad you both noticed this because I now know, it wasn't my imagination!! LOL

Yeah I'm glad to hear it's not a defect, I wonder what causes it tho and if Apple is ever going to fix it, most likely not since it was on your iPad 1 as well. It really doesn't bother me I guess but it was a little ugly to see. I may email Applecare and see what they say about this, but I'm not worried about it really. Thanks for the responses :)

Most reactions