What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Launches Clever New iPad Pro Ads

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Apple launches new iPad Pro ad campaign.JPG

9to5 Mac reports today on an inventive and quirky new iPad Pro ad campaign from Apple that is somewhat reminiscent of the famous “I’m a Mac and I’m a PC” ads. The adverts feature tweets from PC owners about the iPad Pro such as “An iPad Pro is not even close to being a computer,” or other tweets about problems the user is having with their laptop, such as “My laptop has the nastiest virus and I’m terrified.” In each of the video spots the PC user’s worries and anxieties are soothed by a perky voiceover that tells them that an iPad Pro doesn’t get PC viruses, for example, “so relax, there’s nothing to be afraid of…” The ad spots are also very humorous in tone, with each vignette ending with a joke or two.

In all of the videos, the iPad Pro is shown being used much more like a laptop, complete with Smart Keyboard and Apple Pencil, rather than being used like a traditional tablet. Using the iPad Pro instead of a laptop or desktop is something that Apple has been touting for several years now.
“I think if you’re looking at a PC, why would you buy a PC anymore? No really, why would you buy one,” said Apple CEO Tim Cook back in 2015. “Yes, the iPad Pro is a replacement for a notebook or a desktop for many, many people. They will start using it and conclude they no longer need to use anything else, other than their phones.”

Source: Apple launches whimsical iPad Pro ad campaign based on PC user tweets

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Really about time. I've had Ipad since 2 weeks after Ipad 1 and have PRo 12.7 now (kept my Air to stream from). I also have a Macbook Pro 15". I use the Ipad Pro about 95% of the time--have found combinations of apps to do almost all I need to do (and have helped friends find apps that work for them in their work to eliminate carrying a laptop day to day) and prefer it because I also use the Pencil a fair amount--and prefer touch to touchpad or mouse. If I had ability to access my 4 external drives (dongles or whatever--I do have a wifi drive but it is used just as a bridge for travel) I could likely use only the Pro. My spreadsheets aren't too complicated nor are my docs, graphic apps are getting much more complex so hope I see the Ipad Pros becoming just a bit more friendly for productive use. Things like split Safari screens, list for split screen (which I wish they would let us edit), the Pencil for some of us, continuity--all have gradually made a difference in how the Ipads are used.

Most reactions

Latest posts