What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple is Sending Out an iOS 5.0.1 Update to Limited Users Over Battery Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
appleseeed-501-battery-life-issues.png

Apparently, there are a small number of iOS 5 users that have had battery life issues. Apple has been diligently working to address the issue, and is seeding their iOS 5.0.1 update to these users and a small sampling of testers. This update also brings some Siri improvements for Australian users, multitasking gestures to the first generation iPad, and a few other bug fixes. Right now, users that go into an Apple store to complain about the issue have been directed to wait a few weeks for this software update. Above is a snippet from a support email, and below is an internal Apple memo.

battery-life-issues-memo-ios5.png

Share in the forums if you are one of the users getting this update.

Source: AppleForums.net via 9to5Mac

earlyadopter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using iOS 5.0.1 b2 and my battery issue has gone away. No problems at all now and I am using all of the time, push and notification settings.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope they do more thorough testing with this than they apparently did with iOS 5.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Word is more than half a million people downloaded and installed the iOS 5 betas... How many more testers do you want?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Word is more than half a million people downloaded and installed the iOS 5 betas... How many more testers do you want?

Enough so that people don't find out after they upgrade that it sucks up their battery life, for instance. Enough so that Apple gets a clue and doesn't replace the iPod app with a stunted Music app, for instance. And so on.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The battery problem impacts a very, VERY, small percentage of users. It did not show up in testing on many thousands of devices.

The Music app is working as designed...Apple received plenty of feedback prior to launch, and this is what they decided to ship.

Neither of these is germain to your Apple bashing.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The battery problem impacts a very, VERY, small percentage of users. It did not show up in testing on many thousands of devices.

The Music app is working as designed...Apple received plenty of feedback prior to launch, and this is what they decided to ship.

Neither of these is germain to your Apple bashing.

It's not germain to you because you defend Apple at every turn.

If they want solid testing, they should get better testers -- people who want to get the most out of their devices and who don't have a vested interest in Apple.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know who the folks are that Apple got feedback from to end up with that Music app as an end product but whoever they are should be taken off the feedback list.

ndzelenm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
It's not germain to you because you defend Apple at every turn.

If they want solid testing, they should get better testers -- people who want to get the most out of their devices and who don't have a vested interest in Apple.

iPad 2 restore problem

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad 2 has had battery issues since the update. My iphone 3GS is at 84% right now and the ipad is at 47% and I unplugged them both 10 hours ago with listening to Steve Jobs bio on audio book most of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts