What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Releases iOS 5.0.1 To The Public, JAILBREAK STAY AWAY

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Today Apple released iOS 5.0.1 to the public. This release has been known to come out ever since the developers build was released last week. This new update should fix some of the battery issues on the iPhone 4S that people have been having as well as some minor bug fixes. However, if you plan to Jailbreak in the near future once the new iOS 5 untethered Jailbreak is released to the public, you should not update to 5.0.1. Doing so might require you to have a tethered Jailbreak which is somewhat tedious. Jailbreakers stay away, everyone else, enjoy this small update.​

Last edited by a moderator:

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
PhilSynowiec said:
YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzXURkmEelU

Today Apple released iOS 5.0.1 to the public. This release has been known to come out ever since the developers build was released last week. This new update should fix some of the battery issues on the iPhone 4S that people have been having as well as some minor bug fixes. However, if you plan to Jailbreak in the near future once the new iOS 5 untethered Jailbreak is released to the public, you should not update to 5.0.1. Doing so might require you to have a tethered Jailbreak which is somewhat tedious. Jailbreakers stay away, everyone else, enjoy this small update.

I am up and running on both iPhone 4 and iPad 2. So grateful I didn't have to turn on the computer.YAY!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 IOS 5.1 Update using iPF

nickcuban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If we are tethered (and don't mind staying tethered) can we update and not lose the jb? I am on an iPad 1 3G with the tethered jb on ios5...

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If we are tethered (and don't mind staying tethered) can we update and not lose the jb? I am on an iPad 1 3G with the tethered jb on ios5...

You would have to jailbreak again, read the forum for specific instructions about the 5.0.1 status.

I don't think you can ever simply update and maintain your JB. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Most reactions

Latest posts