What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple is now a complete joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
M

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks, lol, I will respond in a day or two.

I really appreciate your concern, but it seems text book and missing the point.

thanks.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't believe I missed the point. You ask the difference between over the air versus via iTunes. I recommend you restore via iTunes then see how it goes

OP
M

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
let's start here.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/forums/the-directv-forum.11/

if you click this link and try to get around that site without joining you will get redirects to App Store . <~ example

now I'm using a finger with my iPad, so when on a forum site that I just want to pop into without logging in and say I'm on a train and it wiggles and my finger touches the screen I get redirected to the AppStore.

if I'm on a boat during a hurricane with a mouse in my hand I can controll where I click..

this forum, ipad forums also is worse when not signed in if I'm on my iPad but if I use my pc and I'm not signed in I have no problems.

it's a advertising debacle and unacceptable to me.

I gave up on Microsoft years ago because of the popup and redirect issues and came to Mac Apple products because in the day Apple didn't have them. when ios 5 or 6 came out they where controllable, but late 7 and 8 they are becoming unacceptable.

(I'm sure if you and I could sit down with my iPad together I could show you better then I explain )

yes your last post to me read as text book like protocol. have the consumer do this and hopefully we will have it fixed by then.

disclaimer I'm not trying to bash or hate apple. but they need to fix what is broken.

OP
M

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry multiple post.

let me go back to the YouTube app,

Apple has a app approval process but yet they approve the latest advertising YouTube app , sure they approved it because when you touch your screen in the wrong place you get redirected to the App Store, isn't that what Apple wants you to do?... go to the store?

btw, the adds are worse on my YouTube ipad then they are on my pc. full circle?

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry I cannot help you, but I do not have any of the problems you are having. Yes, I do get the occasional pop up on some sites, and adverts on this site are a few but that is necessary for it to be free. No pop ups though.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First redirects on forums are generated by the forum owners unless of course they are in a link from spammers.
You tube is controlled by the developer not Apple. Again they seek revenue to pay for access Redirects is a simple way of making money and many sites use it for that purpose. I suggest you try other browsers and see how the sites you access handle the adds. I believe you can switch off in safari mobile apple so then the browser is treated like a pc or Mac And not mobile.

I suggest you use tapatalk pro to access forums as it is a great alternative to using browsers. I have no issues with some 14 forums I visit using tapatalk pro plus I can moderate using the same app.

This is a private forum and we are NOT affiliated with Apple. Our group (forum foundry) own 40 or more forums many are now running the new forum software which in it self can have problems most however are or are being resolved Our forums generate revenue via sponsors and advertising and nothing is going to change that and yes some adds are annoying some of which are Google based . This is the same for other forums out side of our group

My response regarding restore was not text book it is there for users whom do not understand the different ways to restore. If yu experience issues and have a pc or Mac then restore via iTunes. Your original posts requested that information which I provided On our Apple sites (4) we do our best to resolve issues. I personally have been providing Apple support for more than 30 years and in majority of cases I have with over the past 5 years the assistance of our team of Admin's , mods plus resident users resolved problems for thousands of users. Going back to pc world would be a huge mistake. I will look at YouTube again and make further comments and also request input from one of our experienced members. I personally donot like the you tube app I instead go via browsers.

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Change from mobile to desktop in safari ios 8

Open Safari and visit the website. Once it’s finished loading, tap the address bar at the top of the screen to see your bookmarks and most visited sites. Next, swipe the entire panel down with your finger and you’ll see two options appear under the address field: Add to Favorites and Request Desktop Site. Tap the latter button and Safari will re-load the desktop version of the site for you to enjoy.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412955610.539395.jpg

Last edited:

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Col.bris ------ I learn something new every day. Thanks for the tip. Is it possible to get back to the mobile site in any way ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm....
let's start here.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/forums/the-directv-forum.11/

if you click this link and try to get around that site without joining you will get redirects to App Store . <~ example

now I'm using a finger with my iPad, so when on a forum site that I just want to pop into without logging in and say I'm on a train and it wiggles and my finger touches the screen I get redirected to the AppStore.

if I'm on a boat during a hurricane with a mouse in my hand I can controll where I click..

this forum, ipad forums also is worse when not signed in if I'm on my iPad but if I use my pc and I'm not signed in I have no problems.

it's a advertising debacle and unacceptable to me.

I gave up on Microsoft years ago because of the popup and redirect issues and came to Mac Apple products because in the day Apple didn't have them. when ios 5 or 6 came out they where controllable, but late 7 and 8 they are becoming unacceptable.

(I'm sure if you and I could sit down with my iPad together I could show you better then I explain )

yes your last post to me read as text book like protocol. have the consumer do this and hopefully we will have it fixed by then.

disclaimer I'm not trying to bash or hate apple. but they need to fix what is broken.

Hmmmmm...I just went to try link you added and I do not experience the redirect to the App Store as you experience. Not a member either. Perhaps the forum there recently updated their site to accommodate to these changes.

OP
M

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Change from mobile to desktop in safari ios 8

Open Safari and visit the website. Once it’s finished loading, tap the address bar at the top of the screen to see your bookmarks and most visited sites. Next, swipe the entire panel down with your finger and you’ll see two options appear under the address field: Add to Favorites and Request Desktop Site. Tap the latter button and Safari will re-load the desktop version of the site for you to enjoy.

View attachment 60693

I wish I could have the time to make a movie of this debacle, if I go to the desktop veiw my ipad 4 freezes just like the old Internet explorer did on a pc with xp

OP
M

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could not finish my post above because my keyboard became un responsive and the only way out was to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts