What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

now for something completely different

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Working for one is not the same thing as working for all.

Exactly. On forums, sites, it typically is one's opinion they are sharing, what works for them. I have yet to see anyone say: "yes it will work perfect for you, so get it"

People share their experiences and should not be taken as an all over fact.:)

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are no limits anymore for the IPad 2.

ROTFL, this had to be posted as a joke. Thanks for the good laugh (I almost spit coffee all over my shiny new ipad2).

Last edited by a moderator:

testerx

iPF Noob
Reaction score

ROTFL, this had to be posted as a joke. Thanks for the good laugh (I almost spit
coffee all over my shiny new ipad2).

Well look who's here, the bad kid again. You didn't show those links to those
websites to prove your allegations. Then it's safe to say I debunked you.
End of your story.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
From the developers website

http://www.skyfire.com/en/support/video-site-check

Q: What does it mean when it says the site is supported? A: When the video checker says a site is supported that means at least 70% of the videos on that site can be played successfully with Skyfire.

Q: How many sites does Skyfire support? A: 100,000+ websites and we're adding more all the time.

So there you have it, straight from the horses mouth that it does not play all video, but will play most.

just another lurker....

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

ROTFL, this had to be posted as a joke. Thanks for the good laugh (I almost spit coffee all over my shiny new ipad2).

ROTFL, this had to be posted as a joke. Thanks for the good laugh (I almost spit
coffee all over my shiny new ipad2).

Well look who's here, the bad kid again. You didn't show those links to those
websites to prove your allegations. Then it's safe to say I debunked you.
End of your story.

I would hope that it IS the end of this story. This is a warning to both of you. Keep this thread civil.

Reaction score
RickyBobby , as I posted in another of your threads, my hat is off to you for doing what you do for your customers. I'm glad you wrote an example off the reaction you get. I'm also looking forward to the off topic challenge stuff being put in another thread. I'd like to learn more about my ipad and Flash but not in THIS thread.
Thank you ladies, gentlemen and everyone else

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can somebody try SkyFire on NFL.com and see how many videos play??

I just tried it and it said "no videos found" and there are tons of videos there. Maybe my copy of SkyFire just doesn't work right. Those videos play for me using Iswifter and WiFi but the quality is absolutely awful.

I use that site quite a bit, but the only way I can get videos to play with any decent quality is to use SplashTop playing from a PC on my LAN.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried NFL.com again and every single video I click on says "flash is required to play video from NFL.com, click here to install the latest version of flash"

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, can somebody else check this and see if it is just me??

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Puffin browser is a lil choppy but viewable watching NFL.com

But not sure if you're aware of the "NFL '11 for iPad" app available in the app store for free.

Besides Draft coverage, the app also allows you to read general NFL news and news related to your favorite team, view the entire NFL schedule and team schedules, and view statistical breakdowns of each matchup.

If there is a regular season, the NFL has promised much more content via updates, which hopefully includes features like game highlights, Fantasy Football integration, and roster breakdowns.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks outlaw, I have tried Puffin but found it awfully slow/laggy etc (pretty much the problem with any of the so called iPad flash apps). I have been using SplashTop a lot lately, that plays flash exactly the same as it does on the PC that it originates on.

I will check out that NFL app, hopefully we will actually have an NFL season so there will be something to use it for..........(although the longer this drags out the less likely that seems)

Justin Tuck put it rather well I thought when he said "I can't think of anything more selfish than two sides fighting over who gets the biggest cut of a 9 billion dollar pie". He said that while helping storm victims in Alabama who had lost houses, businesses, family members etc etc

OP
R

RickyBobby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found that the AT&T service where I live is useless. So I cancelled AT&T and went with a Clear hotspot service which actually works so well that I can stream a movie from Netflix on iPad2. That is no way meant to be a blanket condemnation of AT&T on the iPad2. It is peculiar to where I live.

I solved the Flash problem buy purchasing an Acer tablet running Windows. So now I have everything. Woohoo!

Most reactions

Latest posts