What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple ID Email Question

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have read that when iOS is released in the fall, it will require that you use an email for your Apple ID. If I change my ID now, is there anything I have to watch out for, e.g., updating apps, keeping subscriptions in sync, using any iTunes or iPad features?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is a ways off. I think you are borrowing trouble.

Wait until they start offering migration instructions before you do anything rash. If you have to change things it won't be any harder when the time comes, and you'll probably be in enough company that special instructions will be forthcomming.

OP
S

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My suggestion to you is do not change your ID with iTunes. He cheats. :mad:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/15313-how-change-apple-id-ipad.html

I use an email now, for my ID. I think we have too, don't we?

It couldn't be that we "have to." When I originally set up iTunes years ago, the Apple ID I created was separate from the email ID associated with my account. Later, I used the same setup information for my iPad.

I think I recall reading that some people had some issues when they started using the "Find my iPhone/iPad" feature and had to make their Apple ID an email identifier.

Most reactions

Latest posts