What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple id question

sgiridhar007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When i bought my ipad4 i registered my apple id - [email protected], on the ipad. Under Settings->icloud->Mail, i turned the option to ON and it automatically created the id - [email protected]. It was this id that i used for all emails in the apple mail app. Thus, the yahoo id was used for itunes purchase and icloud id ,for emails using the apple mail app.

I thought i did not want people to know my apple id that i use for itunes purchase (which could be guessed from the icloud id). So, Later, i created another apple id - [email protected]. I deleted my icloud account on ipad and took care to save all my contacts and calendars etc on the ipad and then signed back in with this new id. As before, under Settings->icloud->Mail, when i turned the option to ON, it automatically created the id - [email protected]. I am able to use this id viz, [email protected] successfully for all my email work. No problem with calendars,contacts etc.

Thus now, my itunes purchases happen with [email protected] while all email,contacts,calendars etc work are done with [email protected].

My questions are -
1.is this a good way to use different id for both?
2.Will it create any problems?
3.Does using two id's ensure any protection at all?

Dear friends, please answer my questions considering that i am a novice and dumbo in idevices, though i did read up on apple id's, on the web.

Victor Ruidera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Using iCloud does not store data, it makes a copy of it and sync it in your other devices. So if you turned it off, you will still have the original data. Of course some games (yes games only) could store there data in iCloud, the real one yes, and not make a copy. The only thing its useful for is if you have those kind of apps. Also even if you change your Apple ID in a device all of its data is remained un-touched.
I still find using two apple IDs can be a real pain in the back, and waste a lot of time shifting from accounts the accounts. That is why password, security questions, and other security measures are invented. So its a bad thing in my opinion because it can waste a lot of time.

2. As stated above it can waste your time, you may even forget the password.

3. No, it will make it worst. You have 2 Apple ID's. TWO. The more Apple Id's you have, the more problems you will have. That is why I switch App Store regions so some of my purchases is remained un-touched.

Having 2 Apple ID's will waste time, if you are afraid your Apple ID will get breached, choose a very very secure password, and security question. Or at least put fake information in security questions.

OP
S

sgiridhar007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear hybriddeathcore,

Ur replywas so good and convincing. I did some more reading and most people say what you say. I deleted my new icloud id again and reverted back to the old one. No problem with my data as everything had been locally saved on ipad. Tx once again !!

Victor Ruidera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear hybriddeathcore,

Ur replywas so good and convincing. I did some more reading and most people say what you say. I deleted my new icloud id again and reverted back to the old one. No problem with my data as everything had been locally saved on ipad. Tx once again !!

Well this is the only forum where I am not a <snip> idiot. Which in my case I do for fun. But because this can affect the real world, this is serious buisness.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

sgiridhar007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well this is the only forum where I am not a retarded idiot. Which in my case I do for fun. But because this can affect the real world, this is serious buisness.

Lol !!!very true. It is fun but at de same time, if not careful, it can very well screw up lives.. Its because of ppl like you here, that doubts of novices like me get cleared up fast. Googling is always there but many a time,it is heavily loaded with too much info. I prefer iPad forum like this for direct and fast info. Tx a ton !!!

Most reactions

Latest posts