What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confusion about apple id and icloud account

isrararrafi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok..so i recently got the GM version and set the ipad up..and i am a bit confused about the whole icloud id thingy

first of all...i have used a certain id always for apps and itunes purchase [email protected]

but while setting up icloud i used a new me [email protected]

now when i go to my icloud settings...it shows the [email protected] as the id

if i try to ad the [email protected] it gives me a message saying hosne1234 is already added :S

same thing in the mail settings..it says icloud account is hosne1234@yahoo and i have a gmail set up there too

now if i send an email [email protected] the ipad receives an email..but if i sent one to hosne1234 iPad doesnt receive anything(exactly the way i want it)

but what is confusing me is icloud (in icloud settings or inside mail settings) is listed in my settings as [email protected].

My question is why is that? what is the difference between my itunes id and icloud id?? if someone could explain..it would be great

Marabou Muddler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't know about the yahoo and gmail accounts as I don't use those, but are you sure you set up an iCloud account?..........sounds as though you set up an account for Mobile Me which is going away with the arrival of iCloud. I do not know if iCloud has not yet been released....it s/b accessible 10/12 w/ the release of iOS 5.

OP
I

isrararrafi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't know about the yahoo and gmail accounts as I don't use those, but are you sure you set up an iCloud account?..........sounds as though you set up an account for Mobile Me which is going away with the arrival of iCloud. I do not know if iCloud has not yet been released....it s/b accessible 10/12 w/ the release of iOS 5.

ok..i just went to me.com and signed in with my @me.com id...and i was able to log in...there they told me to go to icloud.com and told me to sign in there as it is activated...so i went to icloud and tried signing in again with my me id and i got in...they showed me the find my ipad page...on the top left there was a cloud sign and i clicked it and voila...there is the email calendar and everything else associated with my @me.com...so i am guessing icloud is already activated...

and i also signed in through appleid.apple.com and was able to sign in...in there i saw i have both the yahoo and me addresses together...yahoo being the primary address...me being the secondary address...still confused about the function of both ids tho..but now i know they are apparently "linked" but only the me.com one act as a email address and the yahoo/me both can be used to purchase apps and they will be linked together i believe.

Most reactions

Latest posts