What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple I.D. Password Gets Reset But Not By Me

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About once a month or so, I get an email from Apple telling me that my Apple I.D. password has been reset. But I did not reset it. And when I try to log in using (what has been my password) the log in fails. So, I tell them I forgot my password and go through the motions of resetting, etc. This has become a nuisance. Seems hard to get my password to 'stick'. Any clue or other experience to help me? Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This shouldn't be happening. It sounds like someone else may be reseting your password. It's very rare for Apple to reset a password.

If you turn on two factor authentication it will be come nearly impossible for someone else to reset your pasword. With two factor authentication the person reseting your password would need access to your phyisical device to mess with your account settings.

Read up on it, and make sure you understand how it works before turning it on. Especially the rescue code for when you've lost or sold your authentication device.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Most reactions