What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple charged my bank account today

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just checked, I have not been charged yet. Did everyone who has been charged order on day 1?

I was notified today by e-mail and logged into my bank account to see that it was around 5PM EST. I was e-mailed only after setting a notification filter for the charge on my account, that way I knew the minute it was ready to go.:)

You can also check your online order status at any time by going to Apple web site go to the "Store" menu bar icon, then clicking account and then go under "Order Status" and after logging in you will be shown your order and status.

Mine says not yet shipped, no email from my Apple account, but yet my bank certainly knows and now I know too. :p

Opps Edit; I forgot to say Yes, I ordered mine day one and its listed in the Official Pre Order List thread on this forum.

Last edited:

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are they charging your card or are they just pre-authorizing? I checked my credit card (Chase if that matters) and I have a pending charge that must be the iPad but my current balance does not reflect the iPad purchase. My available balance has gone down, but as far as I can tell the card hasn't been charged yet.

More info.

kilofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My account was pre-authorized as well. I called the automated system and was told my items were being prepared for shipment.

I remember pre-ordering one of the first gen Macbook Pros a few years back, I can tell you that when the "Cancel items" is grayed-out on your Apple Order Status page, its basically on its way.

Even though my account has been pre-authorized, the "Cancel items" link is still available... when it gets grayed-out, its time to get really excited!

HX_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple charged the cards right on pre-order day but the charge dropped off, it was just a funds verification. This could be another funds verification...to make sure people that ordered still have the money available.

Kind of dumb though to tie up people's funds like this though.

HX_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple Pre-Auth'd the 3G's in error. Apple Online Supervisor just got an email stating to do whatever it takes to reverse pre-auths - especially if they are debit cards and have emptied someone's bank account early. The pre-auths for the 3G's should have been placed a few days prior to shipping as with ALL mail order items.

Supervisor also SPECIFICALLY SAID that there is zero expectations that the 3G will be shipping any earlier than LATE APRIL as planned.

VDubb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered Day One, pretty much immediately after it was available. My 64GB 3G iPad has been charged to my card; however, my accessories haven't. Called up order support and the self-service order status reported that all my items were being prepared for shipping.

- VDubb

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple charged my account today as well. Has anyone tried to go into there account this evening? I can get into mine but the order history is empty..

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Credit card

Not charged yet, and I had to be one of the first to preorder at 5:30 AM on preorder day. I bet we will get email this weekend or early next week with shipping orders and tracking numbers. Yeah;)

Borge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI ! guys congrats that's a great you i pad has charged through bank account . In your i pad has WATS new thing download after all they have 64 GB memory.
Im waiting for your reply.

swap a lease

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts