What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you check your bank account?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On your iPad? I almost did today but I was on 3G not Wifi. At home I have wifi and that is a secure network? 3G is not, right?

In almost a year, I have never checked my bank accounts on my iPad.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would be more weary on wifi than 3G. Wifi is really easy to hack and catch packets however 3G isn't.
I do do a lot of paypal stuff over wifi. I don't have 3G though.

one_crazy_dude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do all the time both 3G and wifi. I also purchase from eBay and pay bills on my ipad2 / iPhone 3G/4 past couple years with no problems and love it

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF App

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Msecure and I won't put my bank passwords in there. Not sure I'd be comfy checking my accounts with Ipad either.

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As long as you're on a secured webpage you're fine. I run the Bank of America app all the time and it clearly states if you don't see the little lock in the lower left corner do not enter any info. Just make sure the webpages you're on are secured and you're fine. They can sniff all the packets they want and wont get a thing if the webpage is encrypted.

You're home network is secured IF you're running some type of encryption. WAP is good WAP2 is better. Stay away from WEP.

I have Bank of America and USAA. I have to say both apps are very good. I pay bills, transfers, everything with the apps.

Your bank more than likely has an app for it which I'm positive would be a secure connection.

Last edited:

one_crazy_dude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
On your iPad? I wonder if there is an app for my bank....I will have to check!

There might be. I have seen many banks in the us have there own apps.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF App

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Both WiFi and 3G can establish secure connections to financial institutions, this is handled by the institution.

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Bank of America and USAA. I have to say both apps are very good. I pay bills, transfers, everything with the apps.

On your iPad? I wonder if there is an app for my bank....I will have to check!

Even if you don't...as long as you see the little lock icon on the screen you're fine. Just like going there with your computer.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I check my accounts, manage my stocks and such with iPad -- on 3G and private wi-fi. I never use wi-fi unless I know what type of security is being used, and who has access to it. All my banks have apps, as does the stock-trading company I use. It's as secure as checking my stuff online at home.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I check my accounts, manage my stocks and such with iPad -- on 3G and private wi-fi. I never use wi-fi unless I know what type of security is being used, and who has access to it. All my banks have apps, as does the stock-trading company I use. It's as secure as checking my stuff online at home.

Same here.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do it often daily. My bank kicks me out after 5 minutes and it requires 9 digit account number and 8 mixed character password every 5 minutes. It also knows my device. If it's not my phone or iPad, have to answer security questions and type in confidence word that matches contents of password. That's a lot to do for a bank account that's empty 75% of the time and bank has a limit of od purchases and
UR bases per day. No need to say I'm safe from I'd theft.

Side note: when my purchase for my iPad was put on hold, they called to make sure I authorized it because I had never withdrawn that much at once. Lol

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions