What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Case

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
Yeash they are, I got one the first day! According to apple.com they werent supposed to be out until "late april" but they were sitting right there when I was lead to the register.

Its a good case, snug fit and easy to set up for standing or typing! Very handy and gives great screen protection! I thought it was gonna be more plastic to the touch but it feels more gripfriendly than anything. Only one thing though, it stains r e a l l y easy so make sure you didnt pick your nose or had a cheeseburger berfore you pick it up!

Definitly a good buy!
:ipad-keyboard:

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked one up at the apple store Saturday morning when I got my iPad and put it on before I even turned it on the first time. It definitely gives a nice, secure grip. It may not be the best option out there for everyone, but I like it.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't like the Apple binder cover. I will be replacing this one very soon. The sharp edges on the three sides where the seams are glued or joined bother me . right now it's better then nothing and t he only thing available. Of course, this will change very soon. In fact we are starting to see more and more selections commming out. I just ordered a gell cover for backup

Last edited:

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered one with my 3G pre-order but my goal is to eventually get the same type but in leather. Now that the manufacturers actually have a real ipad to model there should be lots of options available by the time I get my 3G in "Late April".

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the Apple binder cover also. At first I did not like it. It is cumbersome to take it out to set it in the dock-the Apple dock should have been designed to hold the Ipad with the cover on it. It is growing on me. The other critique is that it does not sit up like it is supposed to on a hard surface-that piece is not rigid enough to support it. I would not trust it to hold it up without it falling over and potentially hitting the floor (not good).

iserian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does everything I want it to do -- I'm sure we will see many third party ones with extra's to hold extra stuff but I have no interest in making the IPAD+CASE as large as my laptop or even my slate tablet.

IPAD must have a cover like this to be usable IMO --- Just to hold on to it while Ereading etc... it gives you a place to put your finger (behind the cover). I'm glad that I did not pick up a dock because I would not want to have to remove the cover very often - its a tight /good fit.

skrat982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out the cases at SENA.Com. They are expensive, but I expect them to be well worth the cost. I have previously used there products and they are wonderful.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine with my pre order but I won't be getting it until the 20th

iVegas702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the apple and it is fine. I am sure there will be better ones on the market soon. At least it is protected right now.

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like it. I too was surprised to find them in great abundance "in store" on April 3rd! It's actually more svelt that I imagined before!

robb25j

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i guess im just gonna have to order a case because being a truck driver is makin this search difficult i still have the plastic covering my ipad until i find some kinda case are something

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You should get a case if you don't want any scratches on your ipad. Especially the back of it.

Most reactions

Latest posts