What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App to customize iPad home page?

shackleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Curious, is there an app that will allow you to "customize" the pages that display your apps? By pages, I mean where you go to touch your apps to activate them. So, say I'd like to to, I don't know, add a banner that scrolls across the page or maybe list the apps with text instead of icons......that kind of stuff? Not too sure if I'm making myself clear?

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
shackleton said:
Curious, is there an app that will allow you to "customize" the pages that display your apps? By pages, I mean where you go to touch your apps to activate them. So, say I'd like to to, I don't know, add a banner that scrolls across the page or maybe list the apps with text instead of icons......that kind of stuff? Not too sure if I'm making myself clear?

I'm not going to be a massive help as I've never strayed near the jailbraking scene. But what you're asking to do will only be possible with a JB. There will be no app store app that will allow you to do this. Even if you do JB I somewhat doubt the sort of mod you're looking for is going to exist.
Sorry :/.

Proud owner of a 32GB wifi iPad2 iOS5.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Shackleton--

As what Mr. Luke said, it sounds like what you are asking for your ipad is more for the Hack experts on this forum. Take a look at the Ipad Hacking section and also it's very valuable stickies that have been created. Perhaps this will help you understand what you are looking for.

My ipad remains as is: stock pad, which suits me for my needs.

See here: iPad Hacking

G
ood luck!:eek:

OP
shackleton

shackleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MrLuke said:
I'm not going to be a massive help as I've never strayed near the jailbraking scene. But what you're asking to do will only be possible with a JB. There will be no app store app that will allow you to do this. Even if you do JB I somewhat doubt the sort of mod you're looking for is going to exist.
Sorry :/.

Proud owner of a 32GB wifi iPad2 iOS5.

Thanks Luke.

OP
shackleton

shackleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Shackleton--

As what Mr. Luke said, it sounds like what you are asking for your ipad is more for the Hack experts on this forum. Take a look at the Ipad Hacking section and also it's very valuable stickies that have been created. Perhaps this will help you understand what you are looking for.

My ipad remains as is: stock pad, which suits me for my needs.

See here: iPad Hacking

G
ood luck!:eek:

Probably best to stick with the original config.....thanks for the quick reply.

Most reactions