What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to iPad... Home Screen Customization Help?

Autobahn66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to ipad, and have really taken to it over the last month. I have used Mac since the Apple IIe, but I have never been able to get comfortable with iOS (I had an apple 3G). The iphone worked great, but when the screen broke i got an android due to the tweakability factor, the iOS theme got a little stale for me during my iPhone days, and now I'm finding out its virtually the same thing all these years later. I have been using an imac and an android phone for years now quite contently. I chose the ipad after much research and hands on trials. The ipad was the runaway winner for me and I've been very happy with it... except for the theme. My intentions aren't to start an apple/google slog fest... I love both for different reasons.

So now I'm looking into jail breaking to be able to get some customization options. I'm not interested in whole themes like see in winterboard. I'm really just looking to see if there are tweaks available to customize icons to be able give the home screen something different.

Specifically, there is an android app called desktop visualizer that I would love to get on my iPad. It allows you to use your own pictures as icons for any app in various sizes, basically it's a shortcut icon. Yes, it is somewhat similar to the metro tile thing, but I've been using desktop visualizer for years now and I miss it on the ipad.

Anyone know of something like this in cydia or wherever? I'm going to try to attach home screen shots onto help.

Thank you for the help in advance!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Most reactions