What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App store keeps opening

djphelan01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lately, on both my iPhone 5 and my iPad 2, I'll be on the internet and suddenly the App Store opens up and wants me to buy or download an app. Is there a way to shut this off it is very annoying.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lately, on both my iPhone 5 and my iPad 2, I'll be on the internet and suddenly the App Store opens up and wants me to buy or download an app. Is there a way to shut this off it is very annoying.
If it's an App Store link that you're tapping, you'll be directed to the App Store automatically. The only way to shut it off is to disable "Installing Apps" in Settings - General - Restrictions. This will prevent the App Store from opening, but if you want to purchase/install an app, you'll have to enable it again. Disabling this will also hide the App Store app.

Last edited:

maxtwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had this happen ware you don't touch anything and you go to App Store .iIt was all ways for a game.And only from this site.I cleared safari history and cookies and restarted ipad and that stopped it.

Most reactions