What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 randomly turning off!?

battles09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 keeps randomly shutting off. Idk how to fix it or make it stop. It's starting to get annoying. It keeps shutting down when I'm in apps like Facebook, Skype, or even on the safari. Can anyone help me with this problem? Please!?

nicnacnoo78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
battles09 said:
My iPad 2 keeps randomly shutting off. Idk how to fix it or make it stop. It's starting to get annoying. It keeps shutting down when I'm in apps like Facebook, Skype, or even on the safari. Can anyone help me with this problem? Please!?

I am new around here and am puzzled as to what is my iPad doing too! Do you know of what is the cause of my iPad 'sticking' when I look in the recipe book or try and order clothes? Sorry....do you play any games...forgot to ask! Frustration is why! Lol
Ignore me if you have no idea as I am rather lost here...!
Sorry!

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Reboot it.Hold home,sleep button together until an apple shows.Release buttons and let it restart

OP
B

battles09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I e tried that multiple times. But it still seems to continue.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you talk about shutting off, do you mean that the screen goes dark after you've been looking at it a while (and not touching it)? And, to start it back up again, you need to press the Sleep button (on the top, opposite the Home button)?

If yes, you may just need to adjust your AutoLock settings. Do do, go to your Settings app and, within the General area, scroll down until you see the line "AutoLock." Press on that line and you will then see you have several times to select from. Pick one that will give you more time before the iPad goes to sleep.

You can even select "Never" - but that may make your battery run down faster as the iPad will, obviously, never go to sleep (dim the screen) until you choose. Sometimes, I select Never when I know I need the iPad on for a while - but I set it back to a certain time length when I'm done.

Hoped this helped.

Marilyn

OP
B

battles09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you but no it keeps shutting off completely and then turning back on. It gets rather annoying when I'm trying to do something :(

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, it's gotta be annoying. Almost sounds like there's an intermittent short somewhere. Especially if it's cycling on its own.

Most reactions

Latest posts