What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App store and credit cards

rishi85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay so I finally purchased my first pay application. I asked my landlord for his master card. After sometime I decide to upgrade one of my existing apps but as I got ready to type in the details again- the app simply upgraded. To be certain I bought a few more 3-4 dollar apps and they simply downloaded.

My question is: is the Mastercard information saved on my account? I don't think I am very comfortable with this fact. Furthermore what if I relocate and I have to buy from my own or any other card?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it is saved I suggest you purchase iTunes cards in block amounts from $20 and delete the credit card info. This is what I do for buying music and movies and it works fine. Providing you are in credit with iTunes cards. You can upgrade or down load both free and paid apps music and movies. Your password remains the same.

papabear55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I know every apple ID is linked to at least one credit card for payments. I would imagine they probably saved the data if you didn't have one linked already.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just buy a pre paid debit card and use that. Leave $1 balance on it until you need something then add the appropriate amount of money before you purchase on line.

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't leave my debit card on Itunes. I can also verify that you don't have to list a credit card either. I always load itunes cards I've gotten at a discount, like Best Buy had recently.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree I wouldn't use a debit card for the app store. I'm quite comfortable however using a credit card.

OP
R

rishi85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm....okay but I hear that I-tune cards don't really work in Canada- you cannot purchase apps with it, although I see them everywhere.

PurpleDragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Account for free downloads

If you want to download only free apps then open AppStore account in US and select "none" in payment type selection. This choice is acceptable and you can use such account for free downloads. Good Luck!

Last edited:

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iTunes linked credit card was scammed for $2,000 last year so I removed my credit card details and was only restoring them briefly to make purchases.

Now I use iTunes cards exclusively, so only $50 is ever at risk.

I only purchase apps, so regional DRM issues aren't a problem.

I don't understand how a scammer (thief) could get his/her hands on the money this way but it was real money that was taken from my credit card. I got the money back, eventually, but I don't want to go through the experience again.

Most reactions

Latest posts