What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Used Computer to redeem gift card, but not credited on iPad.

Jim22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a only a few dollars in my account, so I redeemed a $25 gift card using my computer. The header indicates I was credited. Shortly afterwards, I used my iPad 2 to purchase a $9.99 app, and insufficient funds was listed.

I use the same password for my computer and iPad.

What can I do to have the $25 available when making purchases using the iPad?
Jim

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had a only a few dollars in my account, so I redeemed a $25 gift card using my computer. The header indicates I was credited. Shortly afterwards, I used my iPad 2 to purchase a $9.99 app, and insufficient funds was listed.

I use the same password for my computer and iPad.

What can I do to have the $25 available when making purchases using the iPad?
Jim

Maybe sign out of your account on your ipad and then sign in again? That might reset your account balance.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If its definitely the same iTunes email address then you should not have an issue, however if it's not you will need to keep the card with the code and contact iTunes.

OP
J

Jim22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The answer is: Just wait.
I went to the local MacMall this morning, purchased a gift card and with the sales person's help redeemed the card, purchased the CodeDecoder from the iTunes store and downloaded it. The remaining funds indicated that the earlier redemption had been credited to my account. The sales person said sometimes credits take a while. I have a more than one email address, so maybe that is the problem.
Jim

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure the email address is your iTunes one. Mine credited instantly. Check on your pc, on iTunes and ensure your connected under the same account. Do you have more than one device in the home ie an iPhone or iPod too, under a different email address? If so check the balance on these too. I once added a voucher on my pc and because I had two accounts I somehow topped up my old iPod account and because the email address associated did not work. I never got my voucher back. I'm ok now because I get all mine for free from a promo site. Just double check the account your using for the email address that's associated to it (what you log into iTunes with) and check its the same you credited it too. How long has it been since you credited it? Has the credit updated yet?

I've just read your post again and seen it has credited sorry.

OP
J

Jim22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I appreciate your answer, therealiley.
Regarding multiple email addresses, here's my situation. I have one Apple device, the iPad and two PC's, a desktop and a laptop. I have a number of email addresses associated with my Cox cable account plus a gmail account which I use with the laptop when out of town. I received my iPad as a gift, and my daughter got me started. I didn't use it much for a while, and then discovered it's true utility when on a long RVing trip. I seem to have three addresses associated with my iTunes/iPad account, one which is my Apple ID. a second used by Apple when I reset my password, and the gmail account used to send me an involce for my Purchase at Macmall. Fortunately, I have not used Apple Mail.

I'm in my mid-80's, and poorer memory has made things worse. I should eliminate at least one email address, but don't know how. The latest home page with the missing left pane means my reference books (iPad 2 for Dummies and iPad 2, the Missing Manual) are not up to date. I'm a PC user, and thought one of Apple's advantages was ease of use. What a mistake!

Jim

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's no need to complicate it. Your apple ID is most likely your email address (most likely the one it sends your invoices too). The apple ID is not an individual email address but instead a type of username. You will most likely have just one email address associated to your iTunes account which could be your gmail account and it's always good to have a second email address for password recovery. The one to take notice of is the apple ID, which is the one that shows up when you put your password in on your iPad. The others are your email accounts, having two is ok. I have about 6 that I use daily.
You can set up most email providers onto your iPad like your gmail account by going to settings>mail>add account.
There is a thread on here for iPad tips and tricks although it's a long thread it's a great way to familiarise yourself with the iPad.
The iPad does tend to be easy to pick up and more portable but for someone to get used to it can seem daunting, instead take your time with it. I have found things my iPad can do nearly a year later and I only found them through experimenting.
Il post the link for the tips and tricks section for you to browse, you could be helping someone else on here next week!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I personal believe you had a small
hiccup on the iPad and it is not the end of the world If it happens again just do a soft reset home /. On off button until white apple logo appears

I use iTunes cards on two of my accounts and have had that happen maybe twice in 3 years I find it is. a combination of a poor connection to the apple store which in turn does not accept the Id because at that time it may have be busy. I have 4 iTunes accounts on multiple devices all with different gmail email accounts these accounts are ported to my main gmail account so when ever I purchase something I have an instant record of that purchase

The redemption system with Apple is dead easy and millions use it daily This time of year can cause issues like this to happen because the servers are full on. The other thing you can do is wait and try later hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk in Australia

Most reactions